News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

We here in the Dayton area might get a whole 1.5 inches of snow Saturday.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: FunkMonk on December 07, 2017, 08:42:34 PM
Hahaha holy crap, it's a Christmas miracle.

When was the last time it snowed like that in SA?

Kinda wishing I was back home so I could see people's faces.

Hm.  Well my wife doesn't remember it ever snowing like this while she's been here, so it's been more than a decade.  There's probably an inch, inch and a half on my truck right now.  If it starts sticking to the roads and shit instead of just lawns, cold cars, trees, etc, and keeps it up, probably the 80s.  I think it was 86 or so when they got like a foot down here, so it'll have some catching up to do. 

E:  That was after Xmas though.  I don't know if it's ever done this before Christmas while I've been alive.

FunkMonk

Pretty amazing. I guess I'll be listening to family stories about the great snow fall of 2017 this Xmas  :D
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

katmai

Quote from: FunkMonk on December 07, 2017, 10:19:40 PM
Pretty amazing. I guess I'll be listening to family stories about the great snow fall of 2017 this Xmas  :D
My dad has already been sending me videos of it :D
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Camerus

Meanwhile it was 42 Fahrenheit (6 Celsius) in Edmonton today.  :hmm:

Valmy

The snowmen are smaller in Texas

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Grey Fox

It's cold but not Snow.

Ease off the brakes, dumbasses in the south.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

CountDeMoney

Woot!  It's a winter wonderland!

If only it were a Monday or so.  I'm broke as balls, but I will always celebrate a snow day.

dps

No snow here. though I think they got some in Raleigh and points west and north of the capital.  It's gotten colder, though, but not below freezing yet--that's supposed to happen over the next few nights.

Barrister

You fucking southerners are stealing all our cold. It's above freezing temperatures set for all week up in Edmonton. :mad: #Iwanttogoskatingatouroutdoorrink
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Eddie Teach

We only kept it for a day or two.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on December 08, 2017, 12:10:48 AM
The snowmen are smaller in Texas

<photo>

:)

We got about 2" at our house.  It was 65 again today like normal. 

PDH

It was 72 here today, supposed to be 74 tomorrow.  No rain in sight.  Fuck you, climate change.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

garbon

What is this shit? Snow that is sticking in London?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.