News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

I don't think we'll top yesterday's record highs, but still a pleasant 65-66F here this afternoon.  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

KRonn

Crazy windy yesterday, quite un-nerving at times. Today still windy but a lot less so. Cold temps the last couple of days as winter appears to be giving another push.

jimmy olsen

Air quality is horrific today.

While it has never been good here there has been a notable decrease in quality the last few months.

I use an ap that measures it as

Green 0-50 good
Yellow 51-100 moderate
Orange 101-150 unhealthy for sensitive groups
Red 151-200 unhealthy
Purple 201-300 very unhealthy
Maroon 301-500 Hazardous

It's been in the purple all day today. First time I've seen that color ever, with numbers in the 240s. Been red all the last week just about. This is China level shit.

Just ordered an air purifier for the apartment.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Admiral Yi

One more three day stretch of zero highs, then that should be all for this shit bag of a winter.

KRonn

We have at least a foot of snow (30cm) and still light snow. But it looks like a lot more, as I look at my shed roof it must have a foot and a half on top!  And here I was, a couple weeks ago as we neared the end of February, thinking the worst of winter was done!

Liep

It's been raining for 80 hours here and not just the normal Danish day rain but heavy downpour.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

KRonn

It was warm late last week and cooled off over the weekend and today, though not too bad. In the 40s (4+C). Going to be a bit warmer later this week, maybe/hopefully more like early Spring.

Admiral Yi

One last dusting of snow last night then a glorious crisp spring day today.  Only snow left is the two foot piles at the end of the parking lot.

crazy canuck

Winter weather is now but a faint memory.  Sun is out and temperatures are into the 20s.  This is the time of year one can go skiing on the local mountains in the morning and walk along the beach in shorts in the afternoon, all within a 30 minute drive.

Liep

We've gone from the wettest March to the earliest nature fire warnings. It hasn't rained for four weeks which is incredible for Danish spring.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

HVC

46 degrees with 75% humidity is just too hot
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: HVC on April 20, 2019, 10:47:57 AM
46 degrees with 75% humidity is just too hot

You're nuts.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

German and Austrian media report that spring has so far been too dry in many regions and that if this persists we may be headed for another drought year. 2018 had record harvest losses in Austria. Some German areas have been put on high alert for forest fires, something that I seem to recall used to happen late in summer, if at all.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

KRonn

Lots of rain interspersed with nice moderately warm temps. It's been nice. My pea plants are growing nicely, before it gets too hot.  :)

mongers

Quote from: KRonn on April 25, 2019, 08:28:37 PM
Lots of rain interspersed with nice moderately warm temps. It's been nice. My pea plants are growing nicely, before it gets too hot.  :)

:cool:

Pretty similar here, had a couple of weeks of unusually warm weather and now the next couple of weeks sees normal temperatures with sunny showers.  :bowler:

Noticed this morning we had usable light at 4.45 am and similar light at 9.15 pm, so less than 7 1/2 hours of darkness per night, which is nice.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"