News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Valmy on February 12, 2019, 02:19:24 PM
After a weirdly cold fall January resembled a normal Texas summer: warm days followed by cold ones.

More like hot days followed by hotter ones. I think you mean winter.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: Eddie Teach on February 13, 2019, 04:58:18 AM
Quote from: Valmy on February 12, 2019, 02:19:24 PM
After a weirdly cold fall January resembled a normal Texas summer: warm days followed by cold ones.

More like hot days followed by hotter ones. I think you mean winter.

Yes.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

crazy canuck

We had two days of snow in Vancouver.  Schools were closed, people stayed home from work, all the usual calamity of a bit of snow straying from the local mountains.

Eddie Teach

Supposed to be 87 today.  :mad:

KRonn

Just a week ago I thought we were pretty much out of winter with little snow. But February seems to be our most snowy month and we did get a good amount across New England, up to a foot more northerly, just about four inches where I am. Going to snow/rain/sleet over night but clear up by mid day.

mongers

Quote from: KRonn on February 20, 2019, 09:06:02 PM
Just a week ago I thought we were pretty much out of winter with little snow. But February seems to be our most snowy month and we did get a good amount across New England, up to a foot more northerly, just about four inches where I am. Going to snow/rain/sleet over night but clear up by mid day.

Snow drops out in numbers here, daffodils are now coming into bloom, beginning to think we'll get away with just one day of snow this winter.  :bowler:

Temperatures supposedly up to 18C this Friday.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

derspiess

Rare sunny day here. Back to the monsoon Saturday.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

mongers

Quote from: derspiess on February 21, 2019, 11:55:57 AM
Rare sunny day here. Back to the monsoon Saturday.

Tomorrow there's an outside chance somewhere in the UK the mercury will hit 70F, first time ever during Winter according to records.

Today it touched 69.1F near where I used to live in Wales.  :bowler:

Barrister

It was -29c this morning.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

mongers

Quote from: Barrister on February 25, 2019, 05:46:36 PM

You continentals and your funny ways.  :P

crazy canuck

Quote from: mongers on February 25, 2019, 05:54:27 PM
Quote from: Barrister on February 25, 2019, 05:46:36 PM

You continentals and your funny ways.  :P

For the Millionth time,  Edmonton does not equal pretty much anywhere else, except maybe Winnipeg.

Eddie Teach

Liep

Spring! :w00t:

It's been about 10C for a week now with lots of sun.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Grey Fox

This early 2019 sucks. We get hot weather but it's raining. Then it gets dramatically cold so fast that the water hasn't had time to drain so now everything is ice. Minus 20 ice too.

My driveway is a liability disaster waiting to happen. (Just like the one of everyone else I know)
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Malthus

Quote from: Grey Fox on February 26, 2019, 07:18:51 AM
This early 2019 sucks. We get hot weather but it's raining. Then it gets dramatically cold so fast that the water hasn't had time to drain so now everything is ice. Minus 20 ice too.

My driveway is a liability disaster waiting to happen. (Just like the one of everyone else I know)

Toronto = same.

Had three-four  inches of solid ice on my drive last week, no chance of getting rid of it.

My father in law insisted on attacking his with an axe, gave up after chipping away a hole the size if a dinner plate. Fortunately, because that was a disaster waiting to happen.  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius