News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PDH

It does get kinda boring...
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

mongers

Finally a rainy day, 2nd one in around three months.

Really enjoying the fresh damp Atlantic westerlies, smell the geosmin.  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

KRonn

Getting rain all day today and a bit more tomorrow. Temps are cooler at least, what a relief as we've had hot and humid for most days of the last two weeks.

crazy canuck

Heavy smoke in Vancouver, and most of the southern part of the province as over 100 forest fires started over the weekend.  Last year was by far the worst year for wild fires in the province and this one is already more intense than the 10 year average even though we had a wet spring.  We are becoming more and more like California (with the exception of PDH's oasis) as our summers become more dry and hot. 

garbon

Quote from: crazy canuck on August 13, 2018, 10:03:45 AM
We are becoming more and more like California (with the exception of PDH's oasis) as our summers become more dry and hot. 

And SF ;)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

crazy canuck

Quote from: garbon on August 13, 2018, 10:06:17 AM
We are becoming more and more like California (with the exception of PDH's oasis) as our summers become more dry and hot. 

And SF ;)

True, the first time I was there in summer I had to buy some warmer clothes.  :D

Syt

We had a day or two under 30 degrees last week. Since then we've been back over 30, with a forecast of 32-34 till end of next week. :bleeding:

This might be the largest amount of 30+ days in such a short period I've experienced in 13 years in Vienna.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

Hey, I'll get to do some roasting with you! :D :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Getting ready to embrace that 34c (93f) today. I will be checking out: museums. :D

edit: Actually, as the one sunny, non-wet day, I may have to brave the sun. :o

derspiess

Rainiest summer in the 12 years we've lived in this house.  Grass is greener than it's ever been in late August and I've only needed to water the lawn twice.  Pain in the butt to keep up with the weeds in the flower beds & whatnot, but it's a fair trade-off :)
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

crazy canuck

Heavy smoke in Vancouver, and most of the southern part of the province as over 100 forest fires started over the weekend.  Last year was by far the worst year for wild fires in the province and this one is already more intense than the 10 year average even though we had a wet spring.  We are becoming more and more like California (with the exception of PDH's oasis) as our summers become more dry and hot.

This fire season is now the second worst on record.  Last year was the worst.

Liep

35 and very humid here in New York, luckily the MET is cool.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Admiral Yi

First tornado warning of the year.  Kinda weird summer that way.

garbon

British news outlets are posting about the return of the heatwave this weekend. It is supposed to get as high as 75f. :mellow:

mongers

Quote from: garbon on August 29, 2018, 11:01:47 AM
British news outlets are posting about the return of the heatwave this weekend. It is supposed to get as high as 75f. :mellow:

You believe what the red tops shout? More evidence of your native drift.  :P

I'll be nicely warm, but not the 35C the Express et al are headlining.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"