And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

We're getting 5-8 more inches.

KRonn

We're supposed to get some light amounts of snow/rain about every other day over next week. So far no big storms but that could change as the storms get closer. Northern New England has been getting a good amount of snow for the ski slopes.

mongers

Just been out putting some washing on the line and I had this odd sensation, it was the warmth of the sun on me. :gasp:

Days to the Spring equinox - 37.  :cool:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Eddie Teach

Quote from: mongers on February 11, 2018, 09:20:28 AM
Just been out putting some washing on the line and I had this odd sensation, it was the warmth of the sun on me. :gasp:

You know, if Mongers casts a shadow that means six more weeks of winter.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

Quote from: Eddie Teach on February 11, 2018, 09:28:54 AM
Quote from: mongers on February 11, 2018, 09:20:28 AM

You know, if Mongers casts a shadow that means six more weeks of winter.

<_<

Besides, Winter's done here; there I said it, jinx me all you want.  :rolleyes:

KRonn

Heh, mid February and I'm going to be ready for some heavy snow fall through end of the month. Feb is usually our snowiest month. May get some snow later this week, a bit early for forecasts to really be sure of what'll happen, but a couple of storms are coming across the country and will give us at least some snow/rain/sleet. Was warmish today, 40sF/7C - most of the ground is clear of any snow.

Maximus

Quote from: Barrister on February 04, 2018, 12:57:39 AM
We have an extreme cold warning on tonight.  With wind it's supposed to hit a "feels like" -40 overnight.

You know, I like winter.  I like cold.  I just want it to be not quite so cold so I can take my boys skating outdoors again. :(
"Feels like? Eh,  back in nny day we had actual,  no- shit -40 several days to several  weeks each year and we liked it.  (Because we got school off at -40)

PDH

It was -45 one day in January last year in Laramie.  I wasn't there.  I told people here about it.  The tilted their heads like confused dogs.  The end.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Caliga

It's hot and humid here this morning.  Hot and humid + winter = TORNADO FUN
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Today was enjoyable. Mid 60's. Enjoyed driving around for a couple of hours.

We'll get buttfucked by a super cool March now.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

KRonn

Temps were up to 50F/10C today, warm but cloudy and occasional drizzle. Supposed to get cold and good chance of about six inches of snow over the next day/night. Just when it seemed we might get out of February without more snow.

Admiral Yi

Just got a couple more inches.

One thing you don't have to worry about in the Midwest is water shortages.

mongers

Spring has definitively arrived here.  :bowler:

garbon

Quote from: mongers on February 17, 2018, 06:39:07 PM
Spring has definitively arrived here.  :bowler:

Only very briefly. I see temps are to decline throughout the week. Really we're just currently back at early Jan temps. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

KRonn

Forecast predicted about 6 inches of snow, but apparently the rain/snow line moved a bit and we only got a few inches of snow overnight Saturday. By mid morning Sunday with bright sunshine and temps above freezing the roads were clear of snow. This week it's supposed to get into to the 60'sF/15C. So hopefully temperate weather continues and we don't get a big hit of snow as the snow/cold season winds down.