News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frunk

Visiting my parents here.  City was mostly shut down for two days, but today things were open.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

mongers

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 28, 2017, 09:00:39 PM
Nuts still frozen.

Whatever you do, don't rest them on top a radiator to defrost.  :(
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Eddie Teach

Stick em in the microwave.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Savonarola

CB and I were back in Motown for Christmas.  Every year we go to "Holiday Nights" at Greenfield Village (an outdoor museum of Americana built by Henry Ford.)  This year it was 9° F/ -13° C :pinch:.  We lasted about 90 minutes in that.  Last year it was so warm that the ice skating rink didn't have ice; this year it was so cold that only a few hardy souls dared skates.

70° F/21° C and sunny here in Florida; hard life.  Do you have any neighbors left Grey Fox?  I think passed half of Quebec on I-95 coming down here.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Ed Anger

Well, I'm sick of winter. 3.5 inches of snow and colder than a witches tit. Of course I had to clear the drive.

MUH ARTHRITIS

CountDeMoney

Fly to France and visit your estate at Mar-a-Dago or something.

Ed Anger

Can't. kids in school.

mongers

Almost a proper English Winter here; cold snaps, SouthWesterlies bringing lots of rain, some gales and weather that changes every 12 hours.  :bowler:

First one like this in five or six years.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

The Brain

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 30, 2017, 08:33:35 PM
Can't. kids in school.

They'll be fine. Haven't you seen the Home Alone movies? There's like half a dozen of them or something.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Admiral Yi

They're forecasting -17, -35 wind chill tonight.  Gonna stay home for the first time in forever.

katmai

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 31, 2017, 04:20:40 PM
They're forecasting -17, -35 wind chill tonight.  Gonna stay home for the first time in forever.
What a bunch of pussies.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

MadBurgerMaker

Going to be icy tonight and tomorrow morning, so I'll probably stay home too.  Uber/Lyft drivers can barely control their cars when it's dry, don't want to even think about how shitty they get when there's ice involved. 

Admiral Yi

Quote from: katmai on December 31, 2017, 05:14:25 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 31, 2017, 04:20:40 PM
What a bunch of pussies.

I'm a bunch of pussies?  Or the weather forecasters are pussies too?

katmai

As we are all Yi, then yes you are a bunch of pussies.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son