News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Yeah this has been a brutal hurricane season. Last thing that poor island needs now.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Barrister on September 20, 2017, 04:57:33 PM
We had our first bit of snow yesterday.  :homestar:

Jesus H. Christ.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Barrister

Quote from: Eddie Teach on September 20, 2017, 10:49:06 PM
Quote from: Barrister on September 20, 2017, 04:57:33 PM
We had our first bit of snow yesterday.  :homestar:

Jesus H. Christ.

It accumulated on my deck, but quickly melted that same day.

Frankly in this age of global warming it was almost welcomed.  Traditionally you can get snow pretty much 11 months out of the year in Alberta (though it won't last in summer).
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Admiral Yi

Lightning storm here right now but it's eerily quiet.

KRonn

Quote from: derspiess on September 20, 2017, 08:03:45 AM
Quote from: KRonn on September 19, 2017, 08:59:38 PM
We're getting rain from the outer edge of the tropical storm (former hurricane) that made its way offshore up here to the north east. Supposed to get rain through at least tomorrow and get more windy but not a bad storm. Even so, a day or two ago the local news showed boaters taking boats out of the water as the ocean was getting rough from the storm's approach. 

We've gotten a little rain as a result of some of these storms, but one apparent effect is higher temperatures.  Could get up to 90 this weekend :angry:

And welcome back :D

It's gotten warmer here too, will get into the 80s late weekend and Monday. Looks like a good chance of more rain tonight and into tomorrow (Friday). Warmed up nicely as it was like Autumn a week or two ago. I was starting to break out the cold weather clothes! Too early for that stuff!

derspiess

It's 90 here now.  I expect much whining from the kids at football practice.  But they need to practice in the heat if they're gonna get through their game in the same heat Saturday.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

Wicked scocha.  94, humid, no breeze.  Can't be fun to play ball today.

HVC

36 C.  Too hot for September.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: HVC on September 24, 2017, 01:23:18 PM
36 C.  Too hot for September.

You really get shitty seasons on both ends.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

HVC

Yeah, southern Ontario doesn't have the mildest weather. I miss fall and spring.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

CountDeMoney

Yup, gotta love watching everybody raking leaves in 90 degree weather.
Enjoy your two seasons from now on, earthlings.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 24, 2017, 01:43:58 PM

Everything really is becoming California! :w00t:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 24, 2017, 01:43:58 PM

I'm just going to run them over with the lawnmower. Once the heat breaks Thursday.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

Heat wave this week. It'll get to mid to high 70's.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".