News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadBurgerMaker

Blergh.  Some estimates are saying more than a foot of rain is possible here, with the Houston/Galveston area getting more like two feet in some places.  Others are saying it might kind of bounce off of a high pressure system that's, like, over El Paso or wherever.  No warnings in effect for Bexar county at the moment, but the next one over to the East has gotten a tropical storm warning or some such. 

Val might get some rain too.

Valmy

Oh yeah I have been told to prepare for four straight days of rain.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

MadBurgerMaker

Damn.  Corpus Christi local news is reporting building collapses in Rockport.  The hurricane seems to have slowed down a lot, pretty much just sitting there trashing Port A, Aransas Pass, Rockport, etc.  They're telling people they need to boil water in Corpus now too.

E:  Still category 4, apparently.  lolz Weather Channel dudes having to hang on to hotel balcony railing.  These guys are crazy.

MadBurgerMaker

Stormchaser dude in Rockport: https://www.pscp.tv/w/1zqJVRbdVkXJB Live off and on as cell signal permits. 

Irritating accent, and he sounds like he's had a few hundred Red Bulls or something, but damn....shit is getting fucked up down there.

CountDeMoney

Learn to swim, Texas.

Valmy

Needless to say this is the biggest storm to hit Goliad since José de Urrea in 1836.

I have many hours of coordinating repairs to the electrical grid ahead of me. Harvey is just lumbering along very very slowly destroying shit. Hundreds of thousands have lost power. Joy.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

CountDeMoney

Chop don't want reliability standards, chop don't get reliability standards.

Valmy

They mayor of Rockport apparently recommended that anybody who was planning on staying behind please write their SS # on their arm so their corpse could be more easily identified. I guess that is one way to motivate people to leave.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Maximus

Don't forget the blood type.

Maximus

Hopefully we get done rain and cool weather out of this.

Liep

2:20 and it's still 16 degrees, already heard a few complaints about the heat.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on August 26, 2017, 12:04:00 PM
They mayor of Rockport apparently recommended that anybody who was planning on staying behind please write their SS # on their arm so their corpse could be more easily identified. I guess that is one way to motivate people to leave.
I think I'll stick with the mega snow storm.

The lucky ones, I guess:

"I swear, this river wasn't here yesterday!"

Good thing he had an umbrella.  Can you imagine having your head all ruined by rain?

Insurance companies will take a hit.  Multiple smaller disasters like that, may be the smaller ones won't make it, even with reinsurance.

Well, I hope everyone is allright.  2 deads so far, hopefully everyone on the coast was evacuated and there won't be 1800 deads as with Katrina.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Liep

Everything is under control

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk