Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on June 21, 2017, 08:45:21 AM
Quote from: mongers on June 20, 2017, 04:45:25 PM
England is melting.  :bowler:

So you reached 30°C? More lobster-faced Brits?
Here it will reach 37°C so if you live in the last floor of a Haussmanian building, this means more than 40°C.

Yep pretty much, it is The tradition.  :D

This June is set to be the warmest since the famous summer of 76.  :outback:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

11B4V

Whew, a little warm today. 72 degrees.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger

This weekend is supposed to be awesome. So I will drive my lawn mower down the street while high on Norco.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

mongers

Quote from: 11B4V on June 21, 2017, 08:00:09 PM

:huh:

You're further south than me and you live on a continent.  :hmm:

Easily in the 90s today, as it's been for the last five days.  :(

garbon

Quote from: mongers on June 21, 2017, 08:13:24 PM

Yeah but now it is cooling. Not even supposed to reach 80 today.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Quote from: garbon on June 22, 2017, 04:28:22 AM

Yeah but now it is cooling. Not even supposed to reach 80 today.

Well 80, but still pleasant as compared to the last 4-5 days.

The South Westerlies have returned :wub:

Tonitrus

High of 58 and light rain.

It might reach into the mid-60s this weekend.  :)

Eddie Teach

Probably due to gulf stream.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

The heat was supposed to break next week after 30+ all last week. New forecast - Sunday will be the coldest day with 30°C (86F), with an expected high of 38°C next Wednesday (ca. 100F). :bleeding:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Richard Hakluyt

Vienna didn't seem to have much in the way of air-con, even though hot weather is rather common  :hmm:

Syt

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on June 23, 2017, 12:22:42 PM
Vienna didn't seem to have much in the way of air-con, even though hot weather is rather common  :hmm:

It's become much worse in the last 5 or so years. 2+ weeks of 30+ weather wasn't a thing when I first moved here. New apartments that are now under construction often come with an a/c option, but older buildings (like) mine lag behind. Anyways, I have a unit that will help with the worst. That said, it will only have limited effect, considering that once my 3-foot thick walls are heated up they conserve the heat rather well.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Liep

Quote from: Syt on June 23, 2017, 12:20:44 PM
The heat was supposed to break next week after 30+ all last week. New forecast - Sunday will be the coldest day with 30°C (86F), with an expected high of 38°C next Wednesday (ca. 100F). :bleeding:

I think I'm starting to appreciate the eternal 19-21 degrees of the Danish summer, even if we're getting a lot of rain atm.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Malthus

Toronto weather is perfect. We get too hot AND too cold.  :D Well, except for that week in spring, and another in fall, when the weather is just right.

(At least everywhere here has AC. You really could not survive comfortably without it!)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

PDH

The weather here is ****REDACTED**** and it hasn't been ****REDACTED**** for a while.  At night it has been ****FUCKING REDACTED**** with ****REDACTED**** mornings.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

mongers

Quote from: Liep on June 23, 2017, 12:29:00 PM
Quote from: Syt on June 23, 2017, 12:20:44 PM

I think I'm starting to appreciate the eternal 19-21 degrees of the Danish summer, even if we're getting a lot of rain atm.

Hey, that's our rain, give it back.  :mad: