Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 03, 2011, 07:01:28 PM
Quote from: mongers on July 03, 2011, 08:21:50 AM
Things back to typical July weather.

Incidentally it was 130 F in the sun outside my office window yesterday.
Ah...I don't think so.

Elaborate.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: The Brain on July 04, 2011, 02:25:37 AM

Ah...I don't think so.

Elaborate.
The highest temperature in the history of England is 101. F

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_weather_records#Highest_temperature_ever_recorded
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

mongers

Ah...I don't think so.

My bold, do you understand now ?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Liep

Maybe he was unaware that official temperatures are measured in the shade 2m above ground.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Liep on July 04, 2011, 06:53:12 PM
Maybe he was unaware that official temperatures are measured in the shade 2m above ground.
Indeed I was. That method's completely retarded.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Maximus

Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 04, 2011, 07:00:29 PM
The point is to measure air temperature. Not the rate at which some arbitrary material absorbs radiant energy.

Liep

Maybe that's a bit of an overstatement.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Liep on July 04, 2011, 07:09:57 PM
Maybe that's a bit of an overstatement.
Overstatement! On Languish! :o

1 Karma Chameleon point

Razgovory

Bleh.  More 100 degree weather. :(
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Grey Fox

It's currently 81 feeling like 91 & it'll feel like 100 by the end of the day.

Sleeping is gonna suck.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

We are having one of our worst droughts in decades.  Right after one of the wettest years on record last year.

Austin had to cancel the fourth of July fireworks this year.  The threat of fires was too high.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Brazen

It's the same old shit as every year. A few hot days in spring, a summer that changes rapidly between warm and wet, then a late summer heatwave in September.

OMG WTF global warming etc. etc.

mongers

Quote from: Brazen on July 11, 2011, 09:57:32 AM
It's the same old shit as every year. A few hot days in spring, a summer that changes rapidly between warm and wet, then a late summer heatwave in September.

OMG WTF global warming etc. etc.

Aren't you confusing weather with climate ?  :hmm:

Besides which country were you in this spring ? Because we've had an extraordinarily warm and dry spring, not just a "few hot days"

edit:

Driest spring for over 100 years, the Met Office says

Parts of the UK have had the driest and warmest spring for more than a century, latest figures from the Met Office confirm

The BBC's rural affairs correspondent, Jeremy Cooke, said: "The average temperature across the UK for the months March, April and May, was 13.5C (56.3F) - 2.3C (4.1F) above average.

rest of item here:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13617207
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on July 11, 2011, 09:42:40 AM
We are having one of our worst droughts in decades.  Right after one of the wettest years on record last year.

Austin had to cancel the fourth of July fireworks this year.  The threat of fires was too high.

I was looking into homes in Plano, but Texas and its water situation makes me think twice about moving down there.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive