Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on October 05, 2011, 12:03:16 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on October 05, 2011, 11:30:04 AM
Quote from: Barrister on September 08, 2011, 10:50:43 AM
Quote from: Neil on September 04, 2011, 07:34:24 AM
September is the perfect month.  Cool mornings and evenings, warm days.  Football comes back.  The kids are back in school.  Life is good.

Holy fuck - the kids going back to school are destroying my commute.  Took me an hour 15 to get to the office. :ultra:

Now you know my pain.  It takes me about 20 minutes now.  But I am willing to pay that 5 minute premium to not live in Edmonton.

You missed that it took me an hour and 15 minutes <_<

I have coped by coming into the office for 7am.  My commute is nw down to 45 minutes door to door. <_<

You are right.  So tell me again why you live in Edmonton?

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on October 05, 2011, 12:05:37 PM
Quote from: Barrister on October 05, 2011, 12:03:16 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on October 05, 2011, 11:30:04 AM
Quote from: Barrister on September 08, 2011, 10:50:43 AM
Quote from: Neil on September 04, 2011, 07:34:24 AM
September is the perfect month.  Cool mornings and evenings, warm days.  Football comes back.  The kids are back in school.  Life is good.

Holy fuck - the kids going back to school are destroying my commute.  Took me an hour 15 to get to the office. :ultra:

Now you know my pain.  It takes me about 20 minutes now.  But I am willing to pay that 5 minute premium to not live in Edmonton.

You missed that it took me an hour and 15 minutes <_<

I have coped by coming into the office for 7am.  My commute is nw down to 45 minutes door to door. <_<

You are right.  So tell me again why you live in Edmonton?

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

crazy canuck

We have little Dudes here too.  But he would have to lose the Jets jersey so I can understand the problem now.

edit: btw he gets more cute by the day.

Caliga

Quote from: Maximus on October 05, 2011, 11:24:09 AM
I can't get out of this hellhole soon enough.

"Little if any frozen precip" in Brownsville, Texas?  Wow, that's surprising.  :rolleyes:

Map sucks.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Razgovory

Decided to resurrect this old thread.  Looks like hell over around Cal and Ed's area.  Heard they let schools out in the Louisville area.  That struck me as strange, but whatever.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

Can't ever recall seeing snowfall after the first tornadoes of the season.  We just got an inch or two.

2012. :ph34r:

Razgovory

We've had really weird weather.  Winter just skipped us.  It's been light jacket weather most of last month.  A lot of days you could outside in just a pair of jeans and a short sleeve shirt.  Leaves didn't even fall off the trees till like November.  It's been really weird.  Still, can't complain.  I'd rather have a mild winter then the dig out three feet of snow.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ed Anger

It is supposed to snow this weekend.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

Quote from: Razgovory on March 02, 2012, 05:37:54 PM
Decided to resurrect this old thread.  Looks like hell over around Cal and Ed's area.  Heard they let schools out in the Louisville area.  That struck me as strange, but whatever.

They are likely basing decisions on this:

http://www.weather.com/outlook/weather-news/news/articles/daily-torcon-forecast_2011-07-11

Razgovory

Never got out of school for a Tornado.  We'd just shove our heads between our legs and practice kissing our asses goodbye.

Ed Anger

Everybody into the halls! Against the lockers!

Caliga

We're ok.  Got hail the size of gumballs.  I have a friend who lives in Henryville, IN (been to his house and was just up in Salem, IN last weekend)... he's not ok.  He just posted on Facebook that he was injured by hail and his house got a moderate amount of damage.  Henryville got its ass totally kicked... the high school was flattened and a bunch of gas stations along I-65 have ceased to exist.

Supposedly a tornado hit Ft. Knox but I haven't heard as much about that one since a bunch of people were killed up in Henryville and other places in Scott County.

Caliga

Just heard that in some parts of my county the hail was so large that it punched holes in buildings.  Better go out and take a look at my roof. :ph34r:

Admiral Yi

What does it feel like to get clonked with hail?  Like getting pegged with a rock?