How much do canadians love hockey?

Started by Viking, June 16, 2011, 04:00:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Jacob

I guess it's from flushing toilets during the breaks?

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Josephus

Quote from: Jacob on June 16, 2011, 04:29:31 PM

Obviously Tyr doesn't live here.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Zoupa

Josquius

Quote from: Josephus on June 16, 2011, 05:22:55 PM
Quote from: Jacob on June 16, 2011, 04:29:31 PM

Obviously Tyr doesn't live here.
:huh:
I flush the toilet.

Funny. Its a well observed trend over here though. On the advert break for big shows power and water usage has a tendancy to spike as everyone makes a cup of tea.
██████
██████
██████

Monoriu

I took a statistics course while in university.  In the final exam, there was a question about the Stanley cup.  We were asked to determine the probability of something.  I looked at the question and was completely lost.  Key information was missing.  Finally an international student asked the professor, "how many matches are there in the Stanley cup?"

He had to apologize.  Said he assumed that all Canadians would know, and had forgotten that there were international students present. 

I still don't know what that cup is all about.  All I know is that I arrived in Vancouver after a riot about it.  And yesterday I read in the papers that they rioted again for this stupid thing. 

jimmy olsen

It's the trophy you get if you win the NHL (Hockey) Championship. Best of 7 game series. Not rocket science Mono.

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Grey Fox

Quote from: Monoriu on June 16, 2011, 07:10:45 PM
I still don't know what that cup is all about.  All I know is that I arrived in Vancouver after a riot about it.  And yesterday I read in the papers that they rioted again for this stupid thing.

Call The Cup stupid again & I'm calling Beijin & telling them you are a Russian Spy.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Monoriu

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 16, 2011, 08:06:46 PM
It's the trophy you get if you win the NHL (Hockey) Championship. Best of 7 game series. Not rocket science Mono.

If someone designs an exam question about probabilities of winning that, he has to give the "best of 7 game series" info in the question.  As a statistics professor, he should know that.  It is not rocket science :contract:

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Monoriu on June 16, 2011, 08:22:40 PM

If someone designs an exam question about probabilities of winning that, he has to give the "best of 7 game series" info in the question.  As a statistics professor, he should know that.  It is not rocket science :contract:
Yes he does, but that's not what I'm addressing. You said you still don't know what the Cup is all about, and that's after you had that question and lived in Canada for years.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Neil

Quote from: Monoriu on June 16, 2011, 08:22:40 PM

If you don't know anything about the country you're getting an education in, you deserve to miss that question.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Ed Anger

Quote from: Josephus on June 16, 2011, 08:54:43 PM
Canadians only count to seven. :lol:

I'm surprised many Canadians can count. Flannel Cro-Magnons.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive