Is it time for the US to re-evaluate our commitment to NATO?

Started by Berkut, June 10, 2011, 08:42:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: Neil on June 16, 2011, 05:27:45 PM
It is unamerican to be anti-French.  America is most of the best parts of France and Britain, merged together into something entirely unique.
What you say is untrue, but it should be true.  France and the US are probably more alike in the fundamentals of national character than Britain and the US.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Ed Anger

I don't think Grumbler has any DVD's. 8mm reels and a Edison phonograph, maybe.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

His wax cylinders melted in the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory fire, though. :weep:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Zoupa

Grumbler, I think you overestimate the effect your posts (or anybody's posts for that matter) have on people. Nobody is really getting riled up or crying or whatever. It's just a message board.  :mellow:

Do you really think folks are affected in their daily lives by what some random guy is writing on the internet? We're just shooting the shit here.

Anyways. If you want to claim that I "reliably bursts into tears when you countertroll" ( :cool:) so that you can score internet points, that's fine by me.  It takes a lot to get me angry in real life, I imagine it would take even more on the interwebz.

Maybe this has to do with that "avatar" thread a few weeks back. I didn't really understand or care about the concept. :shrug:

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Zoupa

The girlfriend lost my camera battery though  :glare:

Unless you don't mind cell phone pics.

Barrister

It is unamerican to be anti-French.  America is most of the best parts of France and Britain, merged together into something entirely unique.

Are you sure you're not confusing America with Canada?   :hmm:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Barrister on June 16, 2011, 11:13:43 PM

I'd have thought that British and French Canadians haven't really merged yet.

Barrister

Quote from: Tonitrus on June 16, 2011, 11:26:07 PM
Quote from: Barrister on June 16, 2011, 11:13:43 PM

I'd have thought that British and French Canadians haven't really merged yet.

Well I know a few who have. :perv:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Slargos

Ah yes. When you merge British chav culture and belligerence with French snooty arrogance, great things are bound to happen that will upset no one.

grumbler

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 16, 2011, 09:06:30 PM
I don't think Grumbler has any DVD's. 8mm reels and a Edison phonograph, maybe.
:lol:  If you play the 8mm film synchronized to the phonograph player, it's almost like being at the talkies!
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!