Is it time for the US to re-evaluate our commitment to NATO?

Started by Berkut, June 10, 2011, 08:42:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Zoupa

It's telling that when the frog replies to an outrageous statement by posting something relevant to point being made, he's the one that dishes it out but "can't take it". Yet when senile amerikkkan gets riled up and posts a trolling reply about something totally unrelated, no problemo.

Yeah, I'm the one with thin skin.  :lol:

Of course, this is grumbler and Berkut we're talking about here. CdM is my peoples, Monkeybutt has a kitten avatar so gets a pass, Raz is insane but funny and Valmy is practically french. :frog:

Anyhoo. Carry on folks. You should ask derspiess for that picture of the crying french guy from 1940, he's got it bookmarked somewhere.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Zoupa

Berkut

Quote from: Zoupa on June 16, 2011, 03:15:29 PM
It's telling that when the frog replies to an outrageous statement by posting something relevant to point being made, he's the one that dishes it out but "can't take it". Yet when senile amerikkkan gets riled up and posts a trolling reply about something totally unrelated, no problemo.

Of course, this is grumbler and Berkut we're talking about here. CdM is my peoples, Monkeybutt has a kitten avatar so gets a pass, Raz is insane but funny and Valmy is practically french. :frog:

Anyhoo. Carry on folks. You should ask derspiess for that picture of the crying french guy from 1940, he's got it bookmarked somewhere.

I am just glad you don't have thin skin is all.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

garbon

Quote from: Zoupa on June 16, 2011, 03:15:29 PM

I thought it was a French cultural thing that Anglos can't understand.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Zoupa

Quote from: Berkut on June 16, 2011, 03:44:20 PM
I am just glad you don't have thin skin is all.

I do. I had eczema on my left elbow as a kid and my mum used too much cortisone cream. Skin is thinner there  :(

Zoupa

Quote from: garbon on June 16, 2011, 03:49:28 PM
I thought it was a French cultural thing that Anglos can't understand.

You wouldn't get it, only Valmy and I do.

(I have no idea what you're referring to).

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

QuoteMonkeybutt has a kitten avatar so gets a pass

Business kitten. Get those reports in right meow.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: grumbler on June 16, 2011, 02:14:15 PM
Zoups is your classic "I can dish it out but cannot take it" poster.  What makes him endearing is that, when his thin skin is pierced without effort, he threatens to do things his target couldn't care less about.  Zoups in vengeance mode is like a snake in bicycling mode.

*unless German, of course.

To be fair, Zoupa gets rather defensive when it comes to French-bashing, and rightfully so.  He gets a lot of shit around here, especially when it comes to French military history, which does not begin and end with WW2, all that "Freedom Fries" bullshit, and that uberweenie deVillepin.

I respect and adore the French for Lafayette and their powder-blue Catholic Bourbonism and their making love with their faces and the Revolution and the DeGaullist penchant for acting in their own interests.

So when I bash Zoups, I bash him as an anti-semitic Eurotard, not as a Frenchman.  Any other way is not fair to him, or to France.

Neil

It is unamerican to be anti-French.  America is most of the best parts of France and Britain, merged together into something entirely unique.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

garbon

Quote from: Neil on June 16, 2011, 05:27:45 PM
It is unamerican to be anti-French.

Not really, not really at all. Although I can understanding that as an ethnic Albertan you might be confused.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Zoupa

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 16, 2011, 05:03:48 PM
Quote from: grumbler on June 16, 2011, 02:14:15 PM
Zoups is your classic "I can dish it out but cannot take it" poster.  What makes him endearing is that, when his thin skin is pierced without effort, he threatens to do things his target couldn't care less about.  Zoups in vengeance mode is like a snake in bicycling mode.

*unless German, of course.

To be fair, Zoupa gets rather defensive when it comes to French-bashing, and rightfully so.  He gets a lot of shit around here, especially when it comes to French military history, which does not begin and end with WW2, all that "Freedom Fries" bullshit, and that uberweenie deVillepin.

I respect and adore the French for Lafayette and their powder-blue Catholic Bourbonism and their making love with their faces and the Revolution and the DeGaullist penchant for acting in their own interests.

So when I bash Zoups, I bash him as an anti-semitic Eurotard, not as a Frenchman.  Any other way is not fair to him, or to France.

I love you too, man.  :cry:

grumbler

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 16, 2011, 05:03:48 PM

Disagree.  One can tweak the hypersensitive without disliking what they are hypersensitive about.  I am quite the Francophile myself, what with publishing books on French military history mostly to satisfy my own desire to own the books, and all.

Zoupa is Zoupa, whether he is whining about me being "riled up" when nothing could be further from the truth, or threatening to shit on a DVD because somehow he thinks I will burst into tears over that (or a picture of The Falling Man, or whatever).   So, when I bash him, I don't do so as a "Frenchman" (for that would be, as you note, unfair to France), but as a garden-variety asshat.  He is his own unique self.  And his tears taste wonderful. Best of all, when he trolls, he reliably bursts into tears when I countertroll.  Life is good here at Languish.  :cool:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!