News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The NEW New Boardgames Thread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 21, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solmyr

Been playing Versailles 1919 this summer with my group. It's a fun game with a variety of what can happen, so replayability is good. https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/253506/versailles-1919

The Brain

Quote from: Solmyr on August 17, 2021, 04:24:00 AM
Been playing Versailles 1919 this summer with my group. It's a fun game with a variety of what can happen, so replayability is good. https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/253506/versailles-1919

Trianon expansion in the works?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tamas

So being back in Hungary with just a backpack I face a choice. I can probably fit in one game from my old collection to it on our way back, so what it should be for some scisophrenic solitairing back home?

For the People, Clash of Monarchs, or Kingdom of Heaven?

Habbaku

Clash. Clash of Sovereigns is on the not-too-distant horizon!
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Speaking of: it doesn't have to be solitaire. I'd be up for a 3-player game of CoM with the latest errata.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

Quote from: Habbaku on August 23, 2021, 02:16:56 PM
Clash. Clash of Sovereigns is on the not-too-distant horizon!

Oh, that's good to know, thanks!

I will have immense workload from my return until the last week of September, so thats the earliest I should commit to any pbem, but I like the idea.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

I got 1066, Tears to Many Mothers. Mostly because I'm into that time period right now (see the miniatures thread). And because the cards look pretty cool (even if they're not always fully historical). Reading the cards while sleeving was also a mini course in the events of that year.

Habbaku

It's a very neat game. Hope you enjoyed Magic: The Gathering.  :D

-J. R. R. Tolkien

The Brain

Quote from: Habbaku on September 10, 2021, 04:10:33 PM
It's a very neat game. Hope you enjoyed Magic: The Gathering.  :D

Never played it, but I did enjoy the Vampire game.

Habbaku

Jyhad/The Eternal Struggle is also one of the best-designed card games of all time, so you're in good company there.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Got some Unfathomable on the table this past weekend. It's in the same style as Battlestar Galactica, but with some streamlining, a different theme, and some of the mechanics from various BSG expansions rolled in while some of the...dumber stuff was left by the wayside. Lots of fun, and will probably replace the original BSG for me over time.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

bogh

Quote from: Habbaku on November 22, 2021, 02:12:20 PM
Got some Unfathomable on the table this past weekend. It's in the same style as Battlestar Galactica, but with some streamlining, a different theme, and some of the mechanics from various BSG expansions rolled in while some of the...dumber stuff was left by the wayside. Lots of fun, and will probably replace the original BSG for me over time.

Interesting.

Pax Pamir 2nd edition just arrived. Will probably have an opportunity to play it tomorrow night...

garbon

While it makes sense, I didn't realize BSG was out of print.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

Yes, and highly unlikely the rights are ever given to FFG again. So, they scooped the guts out of the system, took them home, and plugged them into their Arkham Horror brandline.

It sucks that BSG and its ilk are out of print, but I don't know the details behind why. Hopefully something else is done with the IP besides just squatting on it.

-J. R. R. Tolkien