And we're back!

Main Menu

The NEW New Boardgames Thread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 21, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: Habbaku on April 19, 2020, 09:23:46 AM

Why you'd watch Calendale though is beyond me.  :yuk:

It's not really surprising I guess but the guy seems to be in a downward spiral gathering pace.

11B4V

Christ! Eight months into 2020 and I've bought 57 games.  :cry:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Maladict

Tamas

Anyone will be trying Versailles 1919?

Habbaku

Yep. Still waiting on my copy, but I expect to have it played fairly quickly after arrival.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

bogh

Playing my second game of Imperial Struggle tonight. Had fun first time, but it was a learning game of a couple of initial turns. Hopefully this one will go further, unless either of us blunder to hard early on...

Maladict

Picked up a copy of The Hunters. Fun game, brings out a bit of that Das Boot feeling.
The second attempt, that is. The first one, getting sunk on the first die roll in September 1939, not so much.

Oexmelin

GMT's Bayonets & Tomahawks is apparently currently being printed and should be out soon. https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/206509/bayonets-tomahawks
Que le grand cric me croque !

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

The Brain

I recently noticed the new crop of Battletech stuff. I've never owned any Battletech, I have played like one game at a friend's house back in 2nd Ed. The giant robots thing has never done much for me, but the books looked nice in the FLGS. :blush: So I got a bunch. I HAVE been thinking about 6mm SF on and off for years, and I really like the amount of detail available in Battletech, even for non-Mech stuff. I'm now reading the books, have finished most of Total Warfare (core game rules), and will start on Techmanual (core construction rules). Anyone play Battletech back in the day? Or now? :)
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Brain

I got Nemesis (semi-cooperative Alien/Aliens type game). Haven't played it yet, but it looks pretty nice. Some games in the genre have missions/scenarios that you play in some kind of sequence, but here there is only one game scenario, which varies based on room tiles and personal objectives drawn, which is the way I prefer this kind of game.

11B4V

Quote from: The Brain on October 31, 2020, 04:12:09 PM
I got Nemesis (semi-cooperative Alien/Aliens type game). Haven't played it yet, but it looks pretty nice. Some games in the genre have missions/scenarios that you play in some kind of sequence, but here there is only one game scenario, which varies based on room tiles and personal objectives drawn, which is the way I prefer this kind of game.

I'd like to know your take after you play it.  :)

The Brain

Quote from: 11B4V on October 31, 2020, 07:18:48 PM
Quote from: The Brain on October 31, 2020, 04:12:09 PM

I'd like to know your take after you play it.  :)

Definitely. It may take a while though with this pandemic BS. :(

I can report though that the components seem nice, all cardboard things were still attached to the frames (good) but still came out very easily (good). The inlays are roomy and you can store everything no problem, including extra space for sleeved cards (I will sleeve my cards). The models are nice, especially the monsters (I like plastic figures in my boardgames, but I know some people don't...).

11B4V