News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The NEW New Boardgames Thread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 21, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maladict

Quote from: bogh on April 10, 2018, 10:21:10 AM
(I have plenty of two and four player games)

What are good four player war games? Four being the full complement.
I don't think I have any.

Habbaku

Angola. Angola. Angola. Angola.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

At a stretch, Clash of Monarchs is also decent as a 4-player game, but really shines best as a 3-player game.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Ed Anger

Looks like Compass is going to have a new version of Victory's NATO game. Giggity
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ancient Demon

Ancient Demon, formerly known as Zagys.

Delirium

Well, I am waiting for World in Flames, Collector's Edition! We have nine guys at the local club eagerly anticipating its arrival and the start of a brand new Global War campaign (of course). Really excited about this, been almost ten years since my last bout with Wallets in Flames.  :bowler:

Will play the US, by the way.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Valmy

Quote from: Solmyr on April 05, 2018, 06:04:27 AM
Anyone have experience of Triumph & Tragedy?

I am always so frustrated by 'Origin of WWII' type games. The game is always so rigged against the poor Third Republic so even with perfect hindsight you are fucked.

I am not sure that is because it was indeed rigged against France, certainly plenty of evidence to suggest that, or if it let's the French leadership off the hook for their failures in critical moments by suggesting that they were doomed to failure anyway.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Tamas

Is Habbaku ever going to run a game of this?
http://www.quartertothree.com/fp/2018/05/03/the-absurd-intricate-pax-renaissance-recalls-how-money-saved-the-world/

I know why Berkut is off the Nerd Grid, but what's Habs' excuse?

The Brain

Impulse bought Endure the Stars when checking out a new game store. Hadn't heard of it.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tamas

Quote from: The Brain on May 03, 2018, 11:05:49 AM
Impulse bought Endure the Stars when checking out a new game store. Hadn't heard of it.

What is it about? Watching X-Factor?

Habbaku

Quote from: Tamas on May 03, 2018, 11:01:50 AM
Is Habbaku ever going to run a game of this?
http://www.quartertothree.com/fp/2018/05/03/the-absurd-intricate-pax-renaissance-recalls-how-money-saved-the-world/

I know why Berkut is off the Nerd Grid, but what's Habs' excuse?

Whenever I run a game, you guys take 3 years to do a move that takes 10 seconds.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

The Brain

Quote from: Tamas on May 03, 2018, 11:09:50 AM
Quote from: The Brain on May 03, 2018, 11:05:49 AM

What is it about? Watching X-Factor?

OH SNAP

Survival on spaceship with aggressive specimens.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.