The NEW New Boardgames Thread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 21, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

Quote from: PRC on February 16, 2018, 04:33:07 PM
Quote from: celedhring on January 22, 2018, 03:31:57 PM
Quote from: Oexmelin on January 22, 2018, 03:23:40 PM
How long does a game generally last?

3 hours with four players is our average for playing one scenario. Lower player count makes for shorter games.

Base game has 100 scenarios, with a multi-branching campaign with side questlines and such. It's practically impossible to finish the game unless you play it obsessively.

There's a shorter campaign that the author released for the second KS (10 scenarios, much more manageable), and he's releasing another one this year (all downloadable for free).

Welp, I came across a copy of Gloomhaven at a great price and so picked it up.  Going to play a campaign with my ladyfriend.  God damn though, that is one big box, I felt like I needed a guide just for the unboxing.

Hope you enjoy it!

Yeah, the box is humongous.

Ed Anger

Today at Casa Anger, I taught the twins the game Starfire. And to make it easy for the first game, the scenario where the Rigelians pull off a Pearl Harbor type fighter attack on the Khanate battle line.

Little shits ripped the battle line apart. It was a good day to be a dad.  :cry:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 19, 2018, 09:19:31 PM
Today at Casa Anger, I taught the twins the game Starfire. And to make it easy for the first game, the scenario where the Rigelians pull off a Pearl Harbor type fighter attack on the Khanate battle line.

Little shits ripped the battle line apart. It was a good day to be a dad.  :cry:

They are taught well.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

Ordered two old friends yesterday, East Front and West Front Tank Leader. Was going to order the third but he was 95.00. Next month.

Also At Any Cost is charging and the MBT/FRG & MBT/BAOR should be charging in a bit.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger

In an attempt to own as many platoon level games as I can, I kickstarted Normandy-Beginning of the End.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dracoideas/normandy-the-beginning-of-the-end/description

Yes basecop, its western front. Live with it.

celedhring

I'm looking to kickstart the Batman boardgame, because Batman. It's from the same guys and uses the same system as the Conan boardgame that came out a couple years ago, and that I know Brain bought. What did you think of it?

The Brain

Quote from: celedhring on February 28, 2018, 04:38:38 AM
I'm looking to kickstart the Batman boardgame, because Batman. It's from the same guys and uses the same system as the Conan boardgame that came out a couple years ago, and that I know Brain bought. What did you think of it?

Conan had nice figures (the reason I got it, and expansions). I haven't played the actual game, but my impression from reading the rules was that it was a dud, and a review I saw wasn't great. The rulebook was a bit bizarre and read like a playtest version I remember (no overview, no introduction, nothing to draw you in and make you want to play the game).
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

celedhring

Yeah, the minis are gorgeous.

Reading the rulebook and reviews it doesn't seem anything groundbreaking gameplay-wise, just your usual dice chucking fest. I'll see, I still have one month to make up my mind.

11B4V

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 27, 2018, 08:35:29 PM
In an attempt to own as many platoon level games as I can, I kickstarted Normandy-Beginning of the End.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dracoideas/normandy-the-beginning-of-the-end/description

Yes basecop, its western front. Live with it.

:yuk:

Ed Anger

If it makes you feel better, I'll fondle my unpunched copy of SPI's Operation Typhoon.

11B4V

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 28, 2018, 09:26:57 PM
If it makes you feel better, I'll fondle my unpunched copy of SPI's Operation Typhoon.

:wub:

Delirium

So I sort of forgot that I had backed and paid for the new version of Hannibal (called H & Hamilcar) from Phalanx. Had to go to my old address to pick it up (we moved a few months ago) but it certainly looks good from what I can see.

I also happened to invest in a copy of The Expanse which seemed a bit difficult to get hold of over here.

Both still in shrinkwrap though, time dedicated to some Napoleonic gaming and also Space Empires (Replicators on their way).
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

The Brain

Hey Del, I need your help. What's a good source in Sweden for plastic to put over unmounted maps on the table? I have some from old poster frames, but there has to be a better source for new stuff.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Oexmelin

Que le grand cric me croque !

11B4V

BAOR, FRG, and At Any Cost arrived. Fucking maps a atrocious in the new MBT series. Map in At Any Cost is superb. Gravelotte-St. Privat FTW.