News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The NEW New Boardgames Thread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 21, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

Got Gloomhaven last week and giving it a spin this weekend. We'll see if the hype is warranted (I guess not), but gotta say that the solo runs I've done to learn the rules have made me fall in love with the system.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Habbaku

Managed to make some trades for An Infamous Traffic. Time to run some opium and wreck China for fancy hats! :yeah:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Ed Anger

Quotean ATS game.

HAHA! YOU BOUGHT A CRITICAL SHIT GAME?

Never want to hear another crack about my buying habits sir.  :mad:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 15, 2017, 09:07:30 PM
Quotean ATS game.

Eh nothing wrong with ATS. :blurgh:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger

Quote from: 11B4V on December 15, 2017, 09:11:27 PM
Quotean ATS game.

I am quietly judging you
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Habbaku on December 15, 2017, 09:07:15 PM
Managed to make some trades for An Infamous Traffic. Time to run some opium and wreck China for fancy hats! :yeah:

So racist.  That's almost as bad as that goofy "worker placement" game about Nazi Germany war production a couple years ago.

CountDeMoney

Habbaku

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 15, 2017, 09:48:33 PM

So racist.  That's almost as bad as that goofy "worker placement" game about Nazi Germany war production a couple years ago.

I think you have a strange definition of racism.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Habbaku on December 15, 2017, 11:04:25 PM
I think you have a strange definition of racism.

I didn't say AIF wasn't a great idea.

celedhring

Always loved the brown "worker" tokens for Puerto Rico.

The Brain

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 15, 2017, 09:48:33 PM

Do they have to spend a full turn in Poland before they're eliminated, or do they turn into VP already on arriving there?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

celedhring

Quote from: celedhring on December 13, 2017, 10:12:56 AM
Got Gloomhaven last week and giving it a spin this weekend. We'll see if the hype is warranted (I guess not), but gotta say that the solo runs I've done to learn the rules have made me fall in love with the system.

Had a blast. We'll see after more plays, but so far I can see myself becoming obsessed with this game. Unique approach to the dungeon crawler genre.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 15, 2017, 09:48:55 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on December 15, 2017, 09:23:32 PM
I am quietly judging you

Ditto.  Harrumph.

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 15, 2017, 09:23:32 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on December 15, 2017, 09:11:27 PM
Quotean ATS game.

I am quietly judging you

Uncle Ho says eat shit.  :blurgh:

CountDeMoney

He would never tell me to eat shit.