News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The NEW New Boardgames Thread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 21, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Gmt is doing a new bulge game. 5 maps, 12 counter sheets. I'll play the panzerlied when I examine the contents, then shelve the game.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Berkut

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 13, 2017, 09:33:49 PM
Gmt is doing a new bulge game. 5 maps, 12 counter sheets. I'll play the panzerlied when I examine the contents, then shelve the game.

Looks awesome. Pre-ordered.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Delirium

Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

CountDeMoney

11B is going to get it, cross out "Bulge" in crayon and write "Kursk" on it

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 17, 2017, 10:32:18 AM
11B is going to get it, cross out "Bulge" in crayon and write "Kursk" on it

:lol:

Mueller should investigate him.

11B4V

:D

Another BotB game. Maybe the Germans will win this time.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger

Looks like my Holiday spending spree has started. Bought a couple of Cammand mag games I don't think I have at the Enterprise Games Command Mag sale.

I'm such a sucker.

CountDeMoney

Yeah, why not go on a spree:  between Compass, GMT and a couple others, there's tons of stuff coming out.  And since we'll all be dead within the year anyway, why not.

Habbaku

Mine has started.

Recent purchases:

Pandemic Legacy: Season 2
John Company (Sierra Madre)

Pre-ordered: GCACW Atlanta Is Ours

Still waiting on MMP sale to start up as I might grab something there as well.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Ed Anger

I haven't even cracked the shrink wrap on the games I got in MMP's last sale.

I want get one of my friends to play Dien Bien Phu, but they would rather play old Avalon Hill games.  :(

CountDeMoney

Just got the notification this got shipped--

White Dog makes some nifty stuff for a small company.

Unfortunately it's only solo for the UK side.  Alas, can't shred any snotty Brits with A-4s in this one.

Habbaku

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 01, 2017, 10:23:53 PM
I want get one of my friends to play Dien Bien Phu, but they would rather play old Avalon Hill games.  :(

Which one? MMP's Storm Over DBP or the other one that's floating around (from Legion, I think)? SoDBP is one of the best games of the last several years. You need more adventurous friends. Or older kids.  :P
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 01, 2017, 10:26:00 PM
Unfortunately it's only solo for the UK side.  Alas, can't shred any snotty Brits with A-4s in this one.

will you: count them all out

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Habbaku on November 01, 2017, 10:20:00 PM
Pandemic Legacy: Season 2

I got my sister, the biology teacher and immunology hobbyist, the original Pandemic years ago.  Still in its shrink under her coffee table.