News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The NEW New Boardgames Thread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 21, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: 11B4V on June 17, 2017, 12:24:06 AM
Is it ever when the French are trying to fight.

Rarely. The Franco-Prussian War at least gives me a bit of a challenge.

But seriously Gravelotte is pretty evenly matched battle. Mars-le-Tour is a pretty big challenge for the German player to achieve historical results.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

11B4V

Quote from: Valmy on June 17, 2017, 07:24:24 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on June 17, 2017, 12:24:06 AM
Is it ever when the French are trying to fight.

Rarely. The Franco-Prussian War at least gives me a bit of a challenge.

But seriously Gravelotte is pretty evenly matched battle. Mars-le-Tour is a pretty big challenge for the German player to achieve historical results.

Yip on both counts.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

It wasn't in a movie, so Ed will poo-poo it.

11B4V

Hell, I've forgotten what games I've preordered.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 03, 2017, 04:57:36 PM
It wasn't in a movie, so Ed will poo-poo it.

It actually looks interesting. Doubt I'll order it though.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

I doubt I will either BUT LETS MAKE FUN OF CDM ABOUT IT ANYWAY

The Brain

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 03, 2017, 08:32:37 PM
I doubt I will either BUT LETS MAKE FUN OF CDM ABOUT IT ANYWAY

Do you feel like punching something?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ed Anger

https://www.compassgames.com/preorders/blue-water-navy.html

I was interested until I saw it had cards. Enough with the stupid cards.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 06, 2017, 08:19:40 PM
https://www.compassgames.com/preorders/blue-water-navy.html

I was interested until I saw it had cards. Enough with the stupid cards.

QuoteUnit Scale:  Each counter represents 10 ships, 3 submarines, one squadron or regiment

Ick.

11B4V

Ed Anger

Habbaku

Yeah. Best to stay away from the Possum Man and his stable.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

They're quaint.

I just see a constant and consistent theme of disappointment when it comes to reprinting "classics;"  you honestly think Lock n Load's version of Trial of Strength--if it ever comes out--is going to be as good a product as the original Panther Games version, even with the original designer involved?  BUT THIS ONE GOES TO 11

It's bad enough as it is that wargame designers are the worst kind of designers, who over-engineer for the sake of over-engineering without enough QA/QC on the publishing side to reign them in.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 08, 2017, 12:38:56 AM
They're quaint.

I just see a constant and consistent theme of disappointment when it comes to reprinting "classics;"  you honestly think Lock n Load's version of Trial of Strength--if it ever comes out--is going to be as good a product as the original Panther Games version, even with the original designer involved?  BUT THIS ONE GOES TO 11

It's bad enough as it is that wargame designers are the worst kind of designers, who over-engineer for the sake of over-engineering without enough QA/QC on the publishing side to reign them in.

DG seems to lead the pack on remakes.