News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

At least Sansa made a reference to Winterfell's stacking limits in this episode.

FunkMonk

I don't quite understand why everyone except Sansa is trusting Cersei at her word now.  :huh:

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Tamas

Quote from: FunkMonk on April 16, 2019, 06:27:57 AM
I don't quite understand why everyone except Sansa is trusting Cersei at her word now.  :huh:

It's a plot thing.

Then again everyone but Churchill trusted Hitler in the 30s so there's that.

Josephus

But Jamie's there now to tell them not to trust the bitch.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Savonarola

In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Admiral Yi

Did she show her goodies or something?  I cancelled my cable.

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 22, 2019, 01:03:19 AM
Did she show her goodies or something?  I cancelled my cable.
Side boob and butt.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Sophie Scholl

Random thoughts:
Jamie dies, Arya "takes" his face and kills Cersei crossing her off the list and also fulfilling the prediction.
The Hound is dying and Beric Dondarrion sacrifices himself to revive him to die in combat killing his brother.
One dragon dies killing the undead dragon/next week some time.
The other dragon is killed in the assault on King's Landing by the giant Checkov's Crossbow.
The Night King possessing Bran is the cliffhanger of next episode.
Bran regains possession long enough in episode 4 to allow them to kill the Night King/Bran combination.
The fantasy elements die out with the end of the White Walkers, the Night King, Bran, and the Dragons.  a la Tolkien's (Martin's big influence) story of the coming of the Age of Men aka the 4th Age onward.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 18, 2018, 01:04:05 PM
The Final Empire or Elantris.

Elantris is clearly the worst, which is understandable as it's his first.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Solmyr

Solmyr

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on April 22, 2019, 01:58:06 AM
The Night King possessing Bran is the cliffhanger of next episode.
Bran regains possession long enough in episode 4 to allow them to kill the Night King/Bran combination.

There's a theory that the NK isn't at Winterfell at all, but is flying directly to King's Landing to zombify the whole city. He wasn't shown among the White Walkers at the end of episode 2.

grumbler

Well, the people who wanted more blab, blab and less stab, stab had to be happy with last night's episode.

I thought it a bit over-done.  By halfway through the episode, I was playing the "guess who has a character moment next" game.  Some of this was good and necessary, but a lot of it seemed filler.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: Solmyr on April 22, 2019, 05:54:49 AM
There's a theory that the NK isn't at Winterfell at all, but is flying directly to King's Landing to zombify the whole city. He wasn't shown among the White Walkers at the end of episode 2.

It had occurred to me that the dragon, by breathing frost and not fire, does leave the corpses in shape to be raised as wights.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011