News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grinning_Colossus

I really enjoyed the cast of characters drinking and singing by the fire on the eve of the destruction of their civilization. I'll be sad to see many (or hopefully most) of them die next week. Best episode in years--I hope they keep this up.
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

crazy canuck

Quote from: Grinning_Colossus on April 22, 2019, 09:31:58 AM
I really enjoyed the cast of characters drinking and singing by the fire on the eve of the destruction of their civilization. I'll be sad to see many (or hopefully most) of them die next week. Best episode in years--I hope they keep this up.

Agreed.

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Solmyr on April 22, 2019, 05:54:49 AM
There's a theory that the NK isn't at Winterfell at all, but is flying directly to King's Landing to zombify the whole city. He wasn't shown among the White Walkers at the end of episode 2.
Interesting.  I think the culprit might be cgi budget savings though.  Dany's dragons weren't shown either.  We did catch a glimpse of the long lost Ghost though!  I wonder if Nymeria is going to reappear.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

grumbler

So, do the dead in Winterfell's crypt come back to life?  Is that what "the dead are already here" means?  Curious minds are curious.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: grumbler on April 22, 2019, 03:16:23 PM
So, do the dead in Winterfell's crypt come back to life?  Is that what "the dead are already here" means?  Curious minds are curious.
I presume that and/or the dead from when the Ironborn took Winterfell.  I'm not sure where they were buried, but it could have been inside the walls.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

grumbler

I hadn't seen this video until a few minutes ago. I liked it:
https://youtu.be/eTa1jHk1Lxc
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

celedhring

Agree. That was a great scene and I felt the same, very well done.

KRonn

Quote from: celedhring on April 22, 2019, 04:45:02 PM

Agree. That was a great scene and I felt the same, very well done.

Agreed. I really liked Brianne being Knighted - well deserved. I hope most of them survive but I fear  it may be otherwise.

grumbler

Quote from: KRonn on April 22, 2019, 08:13:54 PM
Agreed. I really liked Brianne being Knighted - well deserved. I hope most of them survive but I fear  it may be otherwise.

Brianne being knighted is a sure sign she dies next episode (which means Pod and Tormund die, too).  Theon is certainly doomed as well.  Dunno about Davos, and favor dying.  The Hound, Arya, Sansa, Jon, Tyrion, and Dani survive this upcoming episode, as does Sam, his wife, and the kid (scarface girl dies saving them).   Dondarrian dies.  Bran lives. Varys dies. Gendry dies.  Have I left out anyone?  There simply has to be a bloodbath after this touching final get-together, and I think it includes the fall of Winterfell.  Dani dies with her dragon in episode 4, forcing Jon to become The Lightbringer and killing the Night King (and maybe Bran in the process).  That leaves the final confrontation with Cersei and the resolution to the whole series for episodes 5 and 6.

Edit:  Lightbringer is the sword, Azor Ahai is the hero.

Bayraktar!

Oexmelin

I doubt that the Night King will die before Cersei.
Que le grand cric me croque !

grumbler

Quote from: Oexmelin on April 22, 2019, 09:20:46 PM
I doubt that the Night King will die before Cersei.

Why not?  Remember that they are using Martin's ending, and Martin didn't even have the Night King in his books (he had a "Night's King" but that was a completely different character).  The ending was always going to be the confrontation over who sits on the Iron Throne.

Bayraktar!

Oexmelin

Maybe, but who sits on the Iron Throne can get an answer from the confrontation with the Night King. It's clear he has been set up in the show as the much bigger menace - (the whole thing is "A Song of Fire and Ice", not "A Game of Thrones"). My sense is that the fall of Winterfell will bring the dead south, and lead to the confrontation of refugees of the North with Cersei - with people having to chose their loyalty once and for all, maybe have some Deus Ex Machina from the sea. 
Que le grand cric me croque !

viper37

Being of non english culture, I would say it had airs of The Next Generation, but I kinda feel like it was inspired by some play, a few hundreds years before that show ;)

It felt shakespirian enough, but it was very good, indeed :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.