News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[Canada] Canadian Politics Redux

Started by Josephus, March 22, 2011, 09:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

I wonder if tensions around Alberta's oil and their pipeline have not increased a general mistrust of the elites... And with Trudeau's half botched policies, it's no wonder people think there are too many visible minorities in the country.  Certainly something to be concerned about, right now.  The temptations for populism are very high right now.  On all sides of the political spectrum.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

crazy canuck

Quote from: viper37 on January 19, 2020, 10:42:54 PM
I wonder if tensions around Alberta's oil and their pipeline have not increased a general mistrust of the elites... And with Trudeau's half botched policies, it's no wonder people think there are too many visible minorities in the country.  Certainly something to be concerned about, right now.  The temptations for populism are very high right now.  On all sides of the political spectrum.

What the hell does the pipeline have to do with minorities? 

Grey Fox

Quote from: crazy canuck on January 19, 2020, 11:28:10 PM

They both ferment distrust of elites because of bad policies.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

viper37

Minorities = Trudeau = Elites.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Grey Fox on January 20, 2020, 09:36:09 AM

So the reasoning goes - government purchased the pipeline. Government creates immigration and refugee policies.  Therefore we cannot trust minorities.  Is that it?

Grey Fox

Quote from: crazy canuck on January 20, 2020, 11:30:30 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on January 20, 2020, 09:36:09 AM

So the reasoning goes - government purchased the pipeline. Government creates immigration and refugee policies.  Therefore we cannot trust minorities.  Is that it?

I think you stopped short 1 step.

We cannot trust minorities. Therefore we cannot trust the Government.

That's how I think this all goes.

crazy canuck

Still don't understand why we can't trust minorities.  Viper is going to have to explain to us how that works.

viper37

Quote from: crazy canuck on January 20, 2020, 01:35:01 PM
Still don't understand why we can't trust minorities.  Viper is going to have to explain to us how that works.
Why me?  I don't even believe in that.  Make your own research, listen to populist canadians-for-Trump rants and you'll get the gist of it.

Grey Fox

Because they are not white. Have you missed this #Wexit thing entirely?

crazy canuck

Quote from: viper37 on January 20, 2020, 02:35:09 PM
Why me?  I don't even believe in that.  Make your own research, listen to populist canadians-for-Trump rants and you'll get the gist of it.

Because you are the one who made the connection in your post

crazy canuck

Quote from: Grey Fox on January 20, 2020, 02:53:50 PM

Wexit is Alberta getting all uppity again.  Happens every so often.  I don't see the connection with minorities.

Grey Fox

Quote from: crazy canuck on January 20, 2020, 02:59:39 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on January 20, 2020, 02:53:50 PM

Wexit is Alberta getting all uppity again.  Happens every so often.  I don't see the connection with minorities.

https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/59na9q/wexit-founders-are-far-right-conspiracy-theorists

Oexmelin

Charest backs off. Will not run for the CPC leadership. (what a shock)
Que le grand cric me croque !

viper37

Quote from: crazy canuck on January 20, 2020, 02:58:38 PM
Quote from: viper37 on January 20, 2020, 02:35:09 PM

Because you are the one who made the connection in your post
I'm simply informing you of what some people might believe based on what I read, gleaning over some non recommanded places, like my Facebook page ;) and radio shock jocks.

viper37

Quote from: Oexmelin on January 21, 2020, 02:42:08 PM
Charest backs off. Will not run for the CPC leadership. (what a shock)