News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

How about meeting in the middle? Charlton goes up to the Championship, and Arsenal gets relegated there as well. That way your club can beat Charlton and you can be happy :)

FunkMonk

Quote from: Jacob on April 25, 2024, 06:16:56 PMHow about meeting in the middle? Charlton goes up to the Championship, and Arsenal gets relegated there as well. That way your club can beat Charlton and you can be happy :)

Absolutely  :lol:

Don't really care how or why people become fans. All that matters in sports is destroying the teams you hate.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Zoupa

Millwall fans are the absolute fucking worst. Whatever you do do not pick Milwall.

Gups

Quote from: Zoupa on April 25, 2024, 09:29:45 PMMillwall fans are the absolute fucking worst. Whatever you do do not pick Milwall.

This. I hate Palace cos I'm a Charlton fan. I hate Millwall because I'm a human being.

Josquius

The only time I ever went to Wembley my soul was destroyed by Charlton winning
██████
██████
██████

FunkMonk

:lol:

By common consensus I will also support Palace instead of Milwall. Although because Palace have been in the prem for awhile I've seen them play a lot and I actually kind of like them already so I feel that is cheating.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Sheilbh

I live within walking distance of Millwall's stadium and many Millwall pubs and can only agree with Gups :lol: :ph34r:
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

Quote from: Sheilbh on Today at 07:43:48 AMI live within walking distance of Millwall's stadium and many Millwall pubs and can only agree with Gups :lol: :ph34r:
Curious, I seem to recall the flat you almost bought but didn't was also near there.
I suspect you're actually a secret Millwall fan. Why else would anyone claim to support the blue Liverpool team? :p
██████
██████
██████

Gups

Quote from: Josquius on Today at 01:23:55 AMThe only time I ever went to Wembley my soul was destroyed by Charlton winning

Which one? 1998 or 2019?

Have to say Sunderland fans were very gracious in defeat both times and Charlton fans have a real soft spot for them as a result.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Josquius on Today at 08:13:55 AMCurious, I seem to recall the flat you almost bought but didn't was also near there.
Yeah that place was basically next door. I'm a little further away now.

But I sort of knew the area I was looking in for a place and that didn't really change too much - although better connected now.

QuoteI suspect you're actually a secret Millwall fan. Why else would anyone claim to support the blue Liverpool team? :p
:lol: :ph34r:
Let's bomb Russia!

Gups

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 25, 2024, 05:00:26 PMTell me about your hooligan days Guppy.

Skinny, brown adolescents weren't that sought after amongst the hollies and Charlton were very minor league in terms of violence any way. Any would be hoolies in my part of London gravitated to Millwall who were amongst the most feared group in England.

I got chased a few times and/or dodged projectiles at Villa, Millwall, Wolves, Leeds but nothing very serious.

Syt

Saw a headline that Anne Hathaway had professed herself a Gooner. I was at first "TMI!", but then learned that it refers to her being an Arsenal fan and not to, well: https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=gooning

:P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Sheilbh

I can tell you that Spurs fans have been overjoyed to discover that meaning :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!