News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

So at some point when i wasn't looking, the HRE became the Mongol Empire.  :huh:
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josquius

The Mongols are very annoying in that way. They conquer a few provinces and get to 100% war score and subjugate random nations. I often see a mongol Germany.
██████
██████
██████

crazy canuck

Quote from: Tyr on June 12, 2019, 07:36:04 PM
The Mongols are very annoying in that way. They conquer a few provinces and get to 100% war score and subjugate random nations. I often see a mongol Germany.

Not called the Huns for nothing

Grinning_Colossus

Huh. I've never seen them get that far. They rarely cross the Volga in my games.
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

dps

In my games, if the Mongols are doing well, they tend to head a bit to the south and take out either the ERE or the Caliphate, rather than heading into central Europe.

jimmy olsen

Been playing my first Byzantine game with the new Imperial succession, Alexiad start.

It's a bit tough to deal with in the short term, but I can easily see how to game it in the long term. Just land every male relative you have, make them your vice-royal dukes and vassal kings and they'll dominate the slate of possible candidates and electors. If your preferred candidate isn't getting the votes, just switch to the family member that is. It might not be optimal, but the game rolls on.

Map game is starting strong with this one, this might be my second strongest Byz start ever.

It's 1105 and I've conquered 3 Wallachian duchies and crowned a brother vice-royal King of it. His son now rules there.

I've pressed a vassals claim for Serbia and have conquered two of its duchies.

I had a child lord of Sicily killed in a hunting accident, and my grandson inherited it and swore fealty to me. No one suspects anything, great way to gain the whole island.

I've conquered four Anatolian duchies, including the holy site on Lesbos.

I've conquered five counties on the coast of eastern Libya. I've conquered the county on the very toe of the boot of Italy (Calabri?). Pressed a claim for a county on the east coast of Cherson (Crimean penninsula).

Gained a bloodline for winning 15 foreign wars, I'm now known as the White Knight. That's in addition to the bloodline I start off with for being Alexios.

I've also been beautifying the Hagia Sofia.

Waiting for my second son to come of age. He's a genius.

First son was pretty good, but he has a club foot, so not eligible for the throne. He did sire that grandson that inherited Sicily though. His wife is the eldest daughter of the Duke of Apulia, and now that the only son is dead, either she or the aforementioned grandson will inherit that duchy and I will be able to form the kingdom Sicily.

I also helped Lithuania convert to Orthodoxy.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Just beat back a jihad to take my Libyan territories.

Meanwhile an Orthodox revolt liberated 5 provinces, allowing me to easily vassalize that duke and linking my territory on the south coast of Anatolia with my territory on the east coast.

1 Karma Chameleon point

mongers

There's a new humble bundle out for Crusader Kings II, cheap way to pick up any missing DLC / expansions one hasn't gotten around to trying.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Maladict

Quote from: mongers on August 02, 2019, 07:15:17 AM
There's a new humble bundle out for Crusader Kings II, cheap way to pick up any missing DLC / expansions one hasn't gotten around to trying.

Thanks, tempting. I always want to like this game, but somehow never end up playing it for more than an hour or so.

mongers

Quote from: Maladict on August 02, 2019, 07:57:34 AM
Quote from: mongers on August 02, 2019, 07:15:17 AM

Thanks, tempting. I always want to like this game, but somehow never end up playing it for more than an hour or so.

Yes I feel similarly, maybe I give it a proper go in the Winter months.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

jimmy olsen

Visiting my parents, so started a new game on my old pc. Karling, 1066 start.

Haven't been able to expand directly, but have played the marriage game well and enacted seniority inheritance. Current lord is married to the Duchess of Lorriane. The heir is the 12 year old only son and heir to the super duchess of Aquitaine. Second in line is a 10 year old double count of Chalons.

1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Currently have five counties and have just usurped the duchy of Burgundy. Unfortunately that means I'm back on gavelkind, I'm 56 and I have five sons. :bleeding:

1 Karma Chameleon point

Josephus

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 07, 2019, 08:00:40 AM
Currently have five counties and have just usurped the duchy of Burgundy. Unfortunately that means I'm back on gavelkind, I'm 56 and I have five sons. :bleeding:

Can you switch out to primogeniture?
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Josephus on August 07, 2019, 12:01:30 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 07, 2019, 08:00:40 AM

Can you switch out to primogeniture?

Since I just leveled up to Duke I have to wait another 10 years I think.

Probably will chose Seniority if my kinsman, the Duke of Lorraine is still alive. Rather have him inherit than my hunchbacked (albeit brawny and well groomed) son inherit.

1 Karma Chameleon point