News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

I don't want to rain on your parade but even the AI conquers absolutely everything with the HRE :P

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tamas on November 29, 2018, 09:19:21 AM
I don't want to rain on your parade but even the AI conquers absolutely everything with the HRE :P

Eh, not really. The Byzantine AI does a lot better than the HRE AI. HRE falls apart in at least half my games, with Italy or Germany declaring independence.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

With the death of my old laptop, so died my HRE game. Well, it was almost finished anyways. Started my first Holy Fury game. Picked Barcelona. Lots of action from the get go, but relatively safe, especially if you do like me and swear fealty to the French King. Unfortunately, I discovered this meant I couldn't participate in the reconquista events, but I'd already entered a marriage alliance with him and was stuck with it until that guy died. Well, it turned out pretty well, My plan went off without much of a hitch, only lost one holy war and it was offensive, so no big deal. Meanwhile I conquered all of dejure Aragon and the Baleric islands by the time that French King suspiciously died (not sure who was responsible, it wasn't like he was bad a king).

From there I played about 25 more years. Had to fight an independence war against the French because my 12 year old nephew wouldn't agree to my independence demand. Won and declared myself King of Aragon immediately afterward. Had a local bishop do the honor. Then I helped a reconquista liberate northern Portugal. Then I conquered the duchy of Valencia and was able to crown myself king of Valencia since I had already conquered the Baleric islands. Then I put a distant kinsman of mine on the throne of Navarra.

Then I was helping Leon defend from a Holy War when the Pope started preparing for the 1st Crusade. You'd think that since I was involved in an active defense holy war he'd give me a pass, but no, he hassaled me so I said yes since we were winning. Anyways, the crusade launched and I sent over half my guys to defend Rome from a muslim counter attack, and then the war in Leon having been wrapped up, sent all my guys to the Holy Land, where I captured the holdings in the county of Acre. This was enough to get my 2nd legitimate son awarded the Duchy of Galilee, while I was given 8,000 gold! Holy crap. Immediately set to building nine castles and a city (need a city in Barcelona before I can build another castle). After that, one more castle and I'll have my first blood line.

Currently the year is about 1115.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

The Kingdom of Aragon & Valencia

1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Iberia has been reconquered and it's only the 1140s. Reconquistas make it too easy.

1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Neat. Especially since I got stack wiped in this crusade.  :lol:

Not neat, I won't be inheriting Leon after all. :(

The road to Hispania will be more difficult than anticipated. I only had three legitimate girls and I foolishly didn't matrilineally marry the second. She had a son and the elder didn't. She just inherited Leon. So, I'm going to have choose one of my legion of bastards son's to inherit me instead, or I'll end up losing the game. <_<

Map pre-crusade

1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

First time making a custom empire

1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

1 Karma Chameleon point

Caliga

I got that Holy Fury DLC (and Horse Lords) on sale this weekend and started a new game as Jorvik.  My first ruler died after playing a game of chess with a mysterious Catholic nun. :hmm:

It's the kind of thing I want to hate because it's so ridiculous, but I actually kind of enjoyed.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

Also after a raid on Derby my King got a "+2 axe". :lmfao:

garbon

Quote from: Caliga on February 11, 2019, 10:35:33 AM
I got that Holy Fury DLC (and Horse Lords) on sale this weekend and started a new game as Jorvik.  My first ruler died after playing a game of chess with a mysterious Catholic nun. :hmm:

It's the kind of thing I want to hate because it's so ridiculous, but I actually kind of enjoyed.

Hmm, I've only ever seen that when you play against death ala Seventh Seal.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Yeah, garbon, that is the one.

I frankly love that stuff except for the one that actually makes your character immortal. That went a bit far.

It is a pleasant diversion from constantly being overthrown through plots and revolts, which is what I spend most of my time doing in CK2
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on February 11, 2019, 10:34:26 PM

It is a pleasant diversion from constantly being overthrown through plots and revolts, which is what I spend most of my time doing in CK2

Because you're not very good at it. :console:

1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 12, 2019, 12:26:59 AM

Because you're not very good at it. :console:

That's the joke
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

Yeah, garbon, that is the one.
Yeah, at the end she is like "I am Death muhahaahaha!"