News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

How many thousands of hours did you have to play  to finally complete a game? :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on October 22, 2018, 10:00:03 AM
How many thousands of hours did you have to play  to finally complete a game? :P

Got around 1,000 I think
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Razgovory

I've never completed a game.  Usually there is some bug, or a I lose interest, or whatever.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

mongers

Quote from: Razgovory on October 23, 2018, 05:12:53 AM
I've never completed a game.  Usually there is some bug, or a I lose interest, or whatever.

I think I could say that about every Paradox game I've ever played.   :blush:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Valmy

I used to finish EU and EU2 games pretty regularly but that was before the games became too cumbersome and slow to play. That was why I had a hard time getting into EU3, the damn thing played in super slow motion compared to EU2.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Solmyr

I've finished EU4 games a few times.

dps

I've completed a few CKII games.  I think all of them were before Jade Dragon;  things seem even blobbier since JD came out, which doesn't do much to keep my interest in the late game.

jimmy olsen

Really can't wait for Holy Fury, the updates to the Pope really look incredible.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Razgovory

I've finished EU2 games, EU3 games and Victoria games.  I'm not sure if HOI4 has an end date.  I just stop playing when the war is over, which with recent patches seems to be around 1942 <_<
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 23, 2018, 11:47:42 PM
the updates to the Pope really look incredible.

Pope Francis has been a great upgrade.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

Large bevy of changes to elective inheritance including unique form for African states, HRE and Byz/Roman Empires.

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-106-new-succession-laws-extravaganza.1125508/
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Tuscany game is going very well.

Currently the King of Italy, Sardina & Corsica, and Jerusalem. I could have broke away to be independent a long time ago. However I chose not to for two reasons.

1. It would put Jerusalem in serious jeopardy. The Fatamids launched a holy war not soon after I took it in the first crusade and it was probably the bloodiest war in the Mediterranean region since the 2nd Punic War. Literally dozens of dukes from the Fatamid and Rum sultanates joined in, and nearly every King in Europe came to the defense of the Kaiser. It was ridiculous.

2. The Empire of Italia sucks ass. It's way to easy to establish and it's coat of arms is hideous.

So, my current plan is to expand within the HRE until I can usurp it. Not only is it the path of least resistance, it's thematically sound since I actually rule Rome and Jerusalem. Going well I think. I have already have cousin as a Duke of Franconia as a vassal and my son and heir is Duke of Bavaria.

However, I would be willing to change this plan if you guys can think of a cool enough Empire name for a custom title.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Alcibiades

Waiting to start another game until HF comes out.  Looks interesting. I, also, have never finished a game.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain