News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Who are you playing here? Karen?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on September 03, 2018, 08:39:51 PM
Who are you playing here? Karen?

Yeah, Zoroastrian 867 start.

The 2nd time I swore to the Abassids was hilarious.

I checked factions immediately and the King of Arabia was already in an independence faction. Joined it and the Empire blew up in a week. The Caliph let us go peacefully because we outnumbered him so bad.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Me and my vassals have since overran around 75-80% of Saffarid territory since then.

I haven't checked in a couple of decades, but I would think I'm getting close to be able to form the Empire. Probably have to conquer the last bit of Persia and some of Mesopotamia to push me over the edge.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

How often do you lose at this game Tim?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on September 04, 2018, 08:05:09 PM
How often do you lose at this game Tim?

I lost the last game because I didn't turn the Aztecs off and my Karling king of Wales & Ireland got stomped.

But, if you don't play ironman the game is not that hard unless you're at risk of being holy warred like Karen is at the start. Once you get the ball rolling you're unstoppable. Even if the realm explodes in rebellion and you get dethroned you should be at least end up a good sized duke once.

1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

My game as of the end of last session

1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

I wonder if those few lords in the western Sahara really just rule a few oases

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on September 05, 2018, 07:28:31 AM
I wonder if those few lords in the western Sahara really just rule a few oases

Have you seen the dev dairies for Holy Fury? They're adding a lot to Africa to rectify that.

1 Karma Chameleon point

celedhring

My last CK save was a Karen save. I wanted to recreate Persia but after I established a good territory base I got tired of the declare war-annex a few provinces-wait for treaty-rinse and repeat gameplay. I really have a hard time seeing purely expansionistic saves through.

jimmy olsen

Overran all the Saffarid territory on the map, though the "Shah" still owns the holy site in Kurdistan (I'm sure the duke their will take care of that soon enough, and if not he's old and I'll do in not too long).

I made Oman into Republican vassal. I'm already raking 40-50 gold a month due to my tradepost in Samarkand, and the taxes I get from this should make me even wealthier.

I have primogeniture now and recently inherited, my guy was winning a holy war against the 4 year old Emperor of Prathiara who was dealing with some rebellions at the time. This was concurrent with my last war with the Saffarids, but I didn't have a problem winning both at once. Annexed the duchy of Sistan.

This is only 67% of the Persian Emprie though, I'm going to have to conquer most of Iraq to declare myself.

This is not as easy as it looks because the Nubians somehow managed to seize Mecca from the Kingdom of Arabia despite being a tributary of the Tulunids, which activatied the Sunni Holy Order. Going to have to save up a good 2-3k gold to hire one of the big mercenary companies to deal with that.

Number of provinces that are Zorastrian has doubled. It was at low of 18 IIRC and now there are 37, plus 21 Manichean provinces.

EDIT: Here's the map

1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Holy Fury looking really good.

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-100-–-come-fight-me.1119381/

Only need one more duchy to declare myself the Zoroastrian messiah.

1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Overthrew the Normans in under fifty years and there is already an English county and Duke. on the south coast. <_< <_< <_<

1 Karma Chameleon point

dps

In my current game (769 start), it's 803 and the Bulgarians have pretty much destroyed the Byzantines.  I've never seen it happen before, but Bulgaria somehow took all of the Kingdom of Greece from the ERE, and almost all of the Empire's other Balkan provinces as well.  Worse for the Byzantines, on the loss of Constantinople, the capital moved to Oleyshe, which caused the government to switch to tribal and made gavelkind their inheritance law. 

jimmy olsen

I finished a CK2 game for the first time!  :showoff:

Are the images showing up?

Score

Map

Culture

Religion

Dynasty

1 Karma Chameleon point

Tamas