News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Quote from: garbon on August 13, 2018, 06:15:24 PM
If you start in a time period post the Shia Caliphate Rising event can happen, that shouldn't be surprising.

Indeed  :lol:

I was - in case it's unclear - referring to games started before the historical rise of the Shi'a Caliphate. I always start in the earliest time period personally - I could've made that clearer.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Jacob on August 13, 2018, 11:58:35 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 13, 2018, 04:08:00 AM
Byzantine cardinals? Did they go Catholic despite conquering/inheriting Italy?

Nah, the Byzantine empire controls Italy - except Spoleto. As usual, Italian Cardinals dominate - they're just part of the Byzantine empire.

Surely cardinals must be catholic though and if the Byzantines have held onto Italy for a while their bishops must be orthodox.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

dps

Quote from: Jacob on August 13, 2018, 01:58:06 AM
Some generations later the Pope calls a crusade for Jerusalem. I decide to sit it out, since clearly I haven't figured out how to make it work for me. Besides, I have other things going on.

The bastard pope then excommunicates me! The nerve.

In my current game,, the pope excommunicated me for not joining a crusade.  First time that had ever happened to me.  No big deal, though.  I did some stuff to get more piety and sent him a gift after the crusade ended, and he lifted the excommunication.  No Catholic realm had attacked me in the meantime.

Jacob

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 13, 2018, 07:16:06 PM
Surely cardinals must be catholic though and if the Byzantines have held onto Italy for a while their bishops must be orthodox.

Surely. Which is why I said "Byzantine" which is a political affiliation, not "Orthodox" which is the religious affiliation. They were all Italian Catholics appointed from the Byzantine empire. You know, as per the Papal politics screen where you can allocate funds to have your bishops elected to the college of Cardinals.

Jacob

Quote from: dps on August 13, 2018, 09:42:47 PM
Quote from: Jacob on August 13, 2018, 01:58:06 AM
Some generations later the Pope calls a crusade for Jerusalem. I decide to sit it out, since clearly I haven't figured out how to make it work for me. Besides, I have other things going on.

The bastard pope then excommunicates me! The nerve.

In my current game,, the pope excommunicated me for not joining a crusade.  First time that had ever happened to me.  No big deal, though.  I did some stuff to get more piety and sent him a gift after the crusade ended, and he lifted the excommunication.  No Catholic realm had attacked me in the meantime.

Yeah... I checked and saw that I could ask him to lift the excommunication so I did. The predicted answer was "maybe"... I thought he might ask for money or something, but he said no. Problem was that after that I couldn't ask again - the answer was "no" because "I already told you no"... so Anti-Pope and war it was.

dps

When I asked, it was "yes".  But if the odds are roughly the same as when you try to revoke someone's title and the answer is "maybe", you probably had a pretty good shot.

jimmy olsen

Most of Mali has been conquered by my vassals, while I have put a vassal on the throne of Aquitaine reborn.

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Plague killed my son. No matter, he was possessed, my genius grandson will inherit! Nope, dead from the plague. No matter, my daughter, married to my first kinsman to be elected Holy Roman Emperor will inherit!

And she did and has pretty good stats too, but of course her husband died, and her 2nd husband, and her 3rd. I'm on her 4th now and the plague is over.

1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

The Emperesses died in childbirth before the walls of Alexandria while on Crusade.

Her eldest son earned the name of Hammer at the age of 7 or 8 with Hispania's victory.

I didn't want to concentrate on that end of the map, wanting to keep the focus on my expansion into the rest of Western Europe. So I gave Egypt to my younger brother, waited until I came into my majority to give the kingdom time to recover, and then gave him independence.

The Fatamids are done. Not only did they lose Egypt, a catholic vassal of theirs (duke of Arabia) successfully pressed his claim to Jerusalem. Their rest of their lands on the Arabian peninsula rebelled and all that's left is like three or four counties in Anatolia.

Mongols are growing ominously large, but thankfully seem concentrated on India for now, having successfuly conquered Ustang and Pala.

1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

National account of Armenia talking about CK2

https://twitter.com/armenia/status/1029296342500298754
QuoteHave you played @CrusaderKings 2⚔️ as the #Kingdom of #Armenia 👑🇦🇲? Start as the historical Bagratid Dynasty🏰 and become the #King of #Kings🤴🏻!!!

1 Karma Chameleon point

Tonitrus

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 18, 2018, 06:23:34 AM
National account of Armenia talking about CK2

https://twitter.com/armenia/status/1029296342500298754
QuoteHave you played @CrusaderKings 2⚔️ as the #Kingdom of #Armenia 👑🇦🇲? Start as the historical Bagratid Dynasty🏰 and become the #King of #Kings🤴🏻!!!

And, of course, the comments do the immediate downward spiral into Turkey v. Armenia...

Valmy

Yeah but every conversation involving Armenia on the internet get there eventually.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

CK2 is adding randomised world* starts. What a waste of time.

*map is same but everything else is randomised.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

dps

Quote from: garbon on August 31, 2018, 05:50:11 AM
CK2 is adding randomised world* starts. What a waste of time.

*map is same but everything else is randomised.

Yeah, a truly randomized map might be worthwhile, if difficult to implement, but just randomizing everything on the standard map is a waste.

jimmy olsen

It's been tough, I had to swear to the Abbasids a couple of times and half the realm has converted to heresies, but I finally have managed to capture a second holy site.  Should have taken a screen shot of India, the northern half is ruled by a massive empire.

1 Karma Chameleon point