And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Quote from: Valmy on February 25, 2018, 03:10:10 PM
Quote from: Tyr on February 25, 2018, 07:16:04 AM
Civil wars at that stage are usually whack-a-mole. They're unlikely to have drastically more men than you, and they're scattered across the country. Also you should have money for mercs.

Sure. But that is not sustainable. Eventually you will have a shitty King or a secession crisis or a big foreign war. Then you are going down.

The only sustainability issue I ever found was the mentioned boredom of constantly hitting rebellions whilst waiting until you're able to declare war on a foreigner.
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

Quote from: Tyr on February 25, 2018, 03:14:15 PM
The only sustainability issue I ever found was the mentioned boredom of constantly hitting rebellions whilst waiting until you're able to declare war on a foreigner.

Ok but that is not what I experience.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Tamas

Quote from: Valmy on February 25, 2018, 03:16:34 PM
Quote from: Tyr on February 25, 2018, 03:14:15 PM

Ok but that is not what I experience.

git gud then

garbon

If you snowball enough you don't have to worry even during say a decency. If you don't, that's really where the fun is. Going up and going down with the aim of coming up again.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: Tamas on February 25, 2018, 03:17:56 PM
git gud then

I don't know. Giting gud just seems like it makes it really boring. Tyr is not very motivating.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on February 25, 2018, 03:18:09 PM
If you snowball enough you don't have to worry even during say a decency. If you don't, that's really where the fun is. Going up and going down with the aim of coming up again.

Which is pretty much how my games go.

It is kind of funny. My realms are a pinnacle of stability...until they are not. I even kind of cheese it by choosing seniority or other game-y succession laws instead of being awesome and keeping whatever is traditional.

garbon

Bribery is also important. Honorary titles, cash and unwarranted council positions. Plus use of spymaster to intimidate and chancellor to win over diplomatically.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on February 25, 2018, 03:30:49 PM
Bribery is also important. Honorary titles, cash and unwarranted council positions. Plus use of spymaster to intimidate and chancellor to win over diplomatically.

Yeah my council is usually the top lords. I use all those things. I am able to keep the ship rocking along fine until something goes wrong and something always eventually goes wrong.

Though maybe I could throw around a bit more cash.

Next time a play a game and I get to the point I have a big realm I will come here and see if maybe I can figure out what I am doing wrong.

jimmy olsen

Jerusalem has been reclaimed from the infidel and there was much rejoicing across Christendom.  :showoff:

The Brotherhood of the Holy Seplucher steps up and vows to make sure that the Holy Land never falls again.

The emperor is such a masterful diplomat that his dog and cat now get along.  :wub:

The Empire has now almost completely reclaimed what the game considers its "dejure lands" but we all know that Eastern Roman Empire ruled far more than that. The rest of the Levant, Egypt and Libya beckon.

You may have noticed that Iberia seems to have been taken over by Catholics. It hasn't, it's  actually been taken over by Jews. From what I can tell the king before this one must have had his focus set on heritage and was tutored by a jewish courtier. That's my suspicion rather than secret society take over because the culture of that king is sephardic. His father was Andulsian and mother Visigothic (as is the current king, his son). Secret society shenanigans wouldn't have changed the culture like that.

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on February 26, 2018, 07:29:32 PM
On to Alexandria Tim?

Too gamey. Next time I fight the Tulunids my goal will be to conquer the rest of the Holy Land. Then I'll attempt to seize the Nile Delta.

Elsewhere, I think I will target the Islid's in Tunisia.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Grinning_Colossus

As Christian Emperor, it is your sacred duty to ignore the Saracens at your gates and try to murder the Jews over in Spain.
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

jimmy olsen

That would be overextending at this point. I'm not going to repeat Justinian's mistake.

The Pope has called a crusade upon them from the papacy in Calais? Somewhere around there anyways. No idea how that happened, Rome is ruled by an independent Catholic bishop. I guess they must have fell to the North Africans while I wasn't looking early on and then got liberated by the Italians?

Anyhow, since last I posted I've liberated Ascalon and Corsica from the infidels and conquered Istiria for my Croatian vassal. My Bulgurian vassal conquered a Hungarian border county. I also gave the Brotherhood a donation and a castle in Jerusalem, and vassalized them.

1 Karma Chameleon point

mongers

Had my first play with this a couple of days ago, seems a great deal better than what I remember of CK1. 
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Tamas

Quote from: mongers on February 27, 2018, 12:24:00 PM
Had my first play with this a couple of days ago, seems a great deal better than what I remember of CK1.

Don't be hung up on not understanding the mechanics, just go with the flow. The enjoyment of the game plummets greatly when you have figured out the mechanisms and can run circles around the AI.