News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

It makes playing an uber empire fun?
Surprising. And welcome. Too many games become dull after you lock down a  second kingdom
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Well I think obvious from my posts, I'm not all that jazzed about it. Won't actually do anything on the blobbing front and will likely just add to performance issues for those on the lower end. If someone wants an uber detailed map, they can go to HIP.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

dps

Yeah, I'd certainly be in favor of some changes/improvements to the map, but I'm not sure that the way they're going is actually going to be an improvement.

Valmy

Quote from: Tyr on February 19, 2018, 08:43:52 AM
It makes playing an uber empire fun?
Surprising. And welcome. Too many games become dull after you lock down a  second kingdom

Really? How? My empires are always doomed to die in bloody civil wars.

I don't see how this change would change your results or mine in any way though.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Pedrito

Quote from: celedhring on February 19, 2018, 04:32:31 AM
Having a blast playing a Zoroastrian kingdom in the 867 start. I have even started an AAR over at Paradox. I hadn't done an AAR in decades.

...and who are we, foot mops? Wht don't you post it here, too?  :mad:

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

celedhring

Quote from: Pedrito on February 20, 2018, 11:09:34 AM
Having a blast playing a Zoroastrian kingdom in the 867 start. I have even started an AAR over at Paradox. I hadn't done an AAR in decades.

L.

It's in Spanish  :P

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/rey-de-reyes-aar-zoroastriana-ck2.1069846/

Pedrito

Quote from: celedhring on February 20, 2018, 11:10:13 AM
Quote from: Pedrito on February 20, 2018, 11:09:34 AM

L.

It's in Spanish  :P

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/rey-de-reyes-aar-zoroastriana-ck2.1069846/
<_<

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

celedhring

I thought about writing it in English to get a larger audience (the Spanish AAR forum is a bit of a dead zone anyway) but meh, it's pretty much a divertimento and writing it in English would require more effort.

jimmy olsen

Doing pretty well in my latest Byz 867 game. I actually haven't had to do much holy warring in the East. Just conquered Cilicia, Galilee and half of Antioch. The conquest of Cilicia was enough to topple the rest of the dominoes. My eastern Dukes have since overrun Armenia, Georgia and Alania while also making in roads into Syria with only a minimal amount of  assistance from me. I've spent most of my time and resources reestablishing the Byz position in the Balkans and the Mediterranean.

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

The Black Sea is a Byzantine Lake and we're knocking on the gates of Jerusalem. Most importantly I've cleaned up all the border gore.

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

celedhring

A bit about my Zoroastrian save, I began playing as the independent Satrapy of Karen, in 867:

Here the situation in 928. I have been expanding to the east (the Samanids collapsed in an amalgam of small kingdoms that were easily picked off), and I also preyed on the weakest muslim states in the south. I've been trying to keep relations high with the two muslim blobs to the south (Abassids and Saffavids/Bahramids), in order to avoid Holy Wars.

Now, my king has just been assassinated by his brother, who has godawful stats and now the "murderer" and "kinslayer" traits. Everybody hates me  :lol:

Fortunately the big muslim Persian state to the south (Bahramids) has converted to Shia, so I no longer risk being double-teamed by them and the Abassids.

Josquius

"Your borders are ugly" should be added as a CB.

QuoteReally? How? My empires are always doomed to die in bloody civil wars.

I don't see how this change would change your results or mine in any way though.
Civil wars at that stage are usually whack-a-mole. They're unlikely to have drastically more men than you, and they're scattered across the country. Also you should have money for mercs.
██████
██████
██████

garbon

There is a standalonr mod, Jos, that adds such a cb. Personally though I prefer the enclave independence mod.

Valmy

Quote from: Tyr on February 25, 2018, 07:16:04 AM
Civil wars at that stage are usually whack-a-mole. They're unlikely to have drastically more men than you, and they're scattered across the country. Also you should have money for mercs.

Sure. But that is not sustainable. Eventually you will have a shitty King or a secession crisis or a big foreign war. Then you are going down.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."