News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

It is good that they are representing off map stuff rather than just having a 100% secure eastern border onto nothing.
But I'm not sure on what I've seen so far
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on September 03, 2017, 07:19:08 AM
It is good that they are representing off map stuff rather than just having a 100% secure eastern border onto nothing.
But I'm not sure on what I've seen so far

:yes:

Today's post about the Silk Road isn't particularly exciting.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Valmy on August 29, 2017, 06:55:14 AM
What happens during the Yuan Dynasty?
"If China is Expansionist, they will want to secure land for themselves. It is fairly rare for China to be Expansionist. It is the most common when/if they are ruled by the Mongols or other Altaic Emperors."  That's about all I can discern.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

garbon

This will make the game a bit different.

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-66-quality-of-life.1043472/

One brand-new addition to the character screen is the "Restrict Marriage" checkbox. Some of you may have already seen this on last week's stream.

For your children and grandchildren, you can now choose to disable the marriage AI so that they don't get into marriages you don't want. However, note that they may still marry by event, so you better not wait too long to arrange a proper marriage.

To help you do that, you can now also arrange marriages on their behalf as long as "Restrict Marriage" can be enabled.

Since this is an incredibly powerful tool, it does come with some restrictions. First of all, it can only be used on your children and grandchildren.

Second, they have to be your vassals or below, or courtiers in your court or that of a vassal or below.
Third, they cannot have been landed for more than 10 years. After being landed for such a long time they no longer accept their parent or grandparent interfering with their marriage.

Overall, this removes one of the big reasons why players often refrain from landing their children, and provides the control you need to ensure the continued greatness of your dynasty.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

dps

Not sure that will make that much difference to most players.  Sure, now you can land your heirs without losing control of who they marry, but unless you can also control their children's educations, I suspect most players will still avoid landing them if they can.

garbon

I'm not sure I care that much about my grandchildren's education as much as them not making shitty marriages to nobodies.

jimmy olsen

Yeah, that's a big improvement. When is this coming out?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Grallon

Anyone knows why my vassal kingdoms aren't integrating into Byzantium after more than 100 years?  I'm at peace - the vassal kings (Sicily and Bosnia) are also at peace - it's been over 100 years for each and still they're not de jure parts.  I don't see any decision to compete the process so I'm guessing something is missing... 
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

dps

Quote from: Grallon on October 13, 2017, 04:14:37 PM
Anyone knows why my vassal kingdoms aren't integrating into Byzantium after more than 100 years?  I'm at peace - the vassal kings (Sicily and Bosnia) are also at peace - it's been over 100 years for each and still they're not de jure parts.  I don't see any decision to compete the process so I'm guessing something is missing... 

Do you own all of their de jure counties?  Whether or not you or the vassals are at peace should have no impact in them drifting.

Wait a minute--is Bosnia a kingdom?  I thought it was just a duchy.  Duchy don't drift into empires, they drift into kingdoms.

Valmy

Bosnia is a titular Kingdom so it can certainly exist.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

dps

Quote from: Valmy on October 13, 2017, 06:46:59 PM
Bosnia is a titular Kingdom so it can certainly exist.

OK, and Sicily is a kingdom but also a duchy.  I think that may be Grallon's problem--his vassals are the duchies.

If not, I don't know what stopping them from drifting.

Grallon

I've already asked the HIP people - they want a save game which suggests they don't consider this normal.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

garbon

You probably should have noted in your post that you were playing a mod...

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Grallon on October 13, 2017, 04:14:37 PM

Check every county. If there are baronies that are independent or pledge fealty to foreign lords or holy orders then they wont integrate.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

They just had a dev diary solely devoted to how your characters can choose to write a book about their lives...