News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

I've been on an achievments grabbing kick lately for some reason.
Ironman...ouch
██████
██████
██████

garbon

QuoteI am looking for someone with CK2 modding abilities to make a mod inspired from Yogi the bear. My idea is to create 7 millennium picnic baskets that use the game's artifact system to give special Yogi the bear themed bonuses. I also imagine a new casus belli to declare war of the picnic basket.
How the items are to be originally distributed is something I am not completely sure about, and would appreciate someone working with me to come up with the best implementation of this concept!
I am willing to pay to see my idea implemented, but I don't imagine it would be very intensive at all, and i hope someone here shares my meme-love of Yogi the bear and the art of modding!
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

I see there's now a World of Darkness mod which seems to be popular. Too bad I'm not into Vampires.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on August 04, 2017, 03:39:34 AM
QuoteI am looking for someone with CK2 modding abilities to make a mod inspired from Yogi the bear. My idea is to create 7 millennium picnic baskets that use the game's artifact system to give special Yogi the bear themed bonuses. I also imagine a new casus belli to declare war of the picnic basket.
How the items are to be originally distributed is something I am not completely sure about, and would appreciate someone working with me to come up with the best implementation of this concept!
I am willing to pay to see my idea implemented, but I don't imagine it would be very intensive at all, and i hope someone here shares my meme-love of Yogi the bear and the art of modding!

garbon

China, but off the map!

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-61-the-dragon-throne.1038599/

QuoteHello folks!

The Swedish summer vacations are drawing to a close and I'm back and eager to talk some more Crusader Kings! What better way to kick off the end of summer than by revealing the theme of the next expansion? Yes my friends, it's China! Now, before you get all emotional one way or the other, we're not actually going to expand the map farther east. We considered doing that, long and hard, but eventually decided on a different approach that would not strain performance and stability beyond reason. As I mentioned in Dev Diary #51, it bothers me that the eastern edge of the map just cuts off in such an unnatural way. Playing in the Orient, you should always feel like you're in the shadow of the Dragon. It should be an interesting and dynamic region right in the center of the Old World. So, we came up with the idea of adding China as a political entity even though you cannot actually see most of its territory.

There is a new screen you can open up, which, if you're within range of China, allows you to interact with the Emperor in various interesting ways. China can grant many wonderful boons if you're in the emperor's good graces, but, depending on the current status and policy of the Dragon Throne, the emperor can also decide you'd better show some respect and become a tributary state. When there is turmoil in China, displaced or fleeing armies can arrive on the map and cause all kinds of trouble. China can even seize and rule actual provinces, but the emperor leaves the governing of such areas to the Governor of the Western Protectorate (or, to be a stickler, the "Protectorate General to Pacify the West".) Potentially, this on-map part of China can grow enormously powerful, but you should not have to worry too much as long as you enjoy the emperor's grace...

That's going to be all for now. I'm sure you have a million questions, but you'll have to wait for the upcoming dev diaries. :)

Meanwhile, remember to tune in to our CK2 livestreams between 16 to 18:00 CET!
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

I am glad they are tackling the important issues: a new feature affecting only the edge of the map furthest from Europe

Syt

I think it's a decent compromise to appease the crowd screaming for China to be in the game.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Razgovory

Quote from: garbon on August 04, 2017, 03:39:34 AM

Why would you do such thing garbon?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josquius

I do wonder how China could be implemented, how would it play?
Quite like a republic I'd imagine, with the internal politics, albeit with an emperor and viceroyalties.
██████
██████
██████

Jacob

Quote from: Tamas on August 07, 2017, 02:59:17 PM
I am glad they are tackling the important issues: a new feature affecting only the edge of the map furthest from Europe

For me this is the best CU in a long time.

Valmy

Quote from: Tamas on August 07, 2017, 02:59:17 PM

Oh I think what happens in central Asia can impact much of Europe. Just ask Bela IV Arpad.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

The name Crusader Kings is really becoming out of place, since the game now covers people who have no contact at all with crusades and has a starting point about three centuries before the titular conflict even started.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on August 12, 2017, 09:37:17 PM
The name Crusader Kings is really becoming out of place, since the game now covers people who have no contact at all with crusades and has a starting point about three centuries before the titular conflict even started.

Well no argument there. Which is probably good because I never felt like the game really simulated the Crusades that well.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Josquius

They ought to be fixing the secret religion and conversion mechanics.
Way too often you get e.g Sweden going Muslim for little reason.
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

Does the Caliphate ever secretly become pagan?