News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Syt on March 12, 2017, 12:59:46 AM
You can disable satanism in the game settings. It's an option for people who want more fantasy stuff.

Of course it also a big piece of the content in the DLC from all reports.

@Tim - Okay, you've posted a wiki link about one person.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grinning_Colossus

Quote from: Zanza on March 10, 2017, 02:47:35 PM
Yes, not impressed with this latest DLC. I am a bit burnt out on CK2. I guess I'll wait for their last DLC and see if that adds anything interesting to the game and if not, I'll probably not play CK2 for a while before I pick it up again. Maybe the GOT mod? Is that fun?

The GOT mod is fun, and best for short-term games (partially because it's also pretty unstable).

I'm looking forward to the end of development so that mods can pick up the pieces and flesh out the more reasonable additions while toning down the ludicrous ones. HIP has always been particularly good, and I'd like to see what they do once they're not struggling to keep up with patches.
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Razgovory

Quote from: garbon on March 12, 2017, 08:03:10 AM
Quote from: Syt on March 12, 2017, 12:59:46 AM
You can disable satanism in the game settings. It's an option for people who want more fantasy stuff.

Of course it also a big piece of the content in the DLC from all reports.

@Tim - Okay, you've posted a wiki link about one person.

I remember noting in a book about the hundred years war there were numerous claims that persons requested that their hands be severed before they die because they had sworn themselves to the devil.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

Seems like they've lost the script. Last paragraph is most exciting part. :D

QuoteHi folks, I hope you all had a nice weekend!

Monks and Mystics has now been out for almost a week and we've been busy checking out your feedback and bug reports. As usual, some adjustments and additions will be made to the game in the upcoming patch 2.7.1, which should be ready in a few weeks (sorry, can't be more specific than that.) It's going to be a fairly substantial update... I can't share the full patch log yet, but I can tell you about some of the bigger things we're doing.

First off, there will be more risks and drawbacks to being a Devil Worshipper. As has been pointed out, they are a powerful type of Society and the rewards are great while the risks for members are rather low. Among other things, there will be more viciousness between members, a greater risk of discovery, and you'll run the risk of giving your neighbors a reason to declare Holy War on you.

The Hunt Apostates is also being juiced up. The Court Chaplain will now be able to find more than just extremely suspicious characters and the penalties for being branded have been increased. For example, you now also gain a revocation reason on the target. When an apostate is dragged into your throne room, you now get to choose one of three options; let them go free, imprison them or burn them at the stake (something that the AI favors). It's also possible, albeit rare, for your Court Chaplain to catch characters who are only a bit suspicious, secret members of another religion or - if the Court Chaplain isn't the most talented - innocent.

Next up, the Hermetics will be given a proper use for all those strange Ingredients they can pick up. You will be presented with opportunities to spend various resources in order to improve the outcomes (or negate the negative effects) of a multitude of - mainly - Hermetic events.

Another issue related to Societies is that the subversive religious cults are too invisible. The AI will now handle both creating and running the Secret Religious Cults more effectively. Right now, it can feel as if you are the lone actor in the society, but with the patch your fellow AI members will make an effort to contribute. Also, the general costs of certain actions (like evoking sympathy) have been drastically reduced in order to make running the Society more manageable. We also aim to make the secret religious cult system more dynamic.

Then there's the ability to give artifacts to other characters; it might not be something you folks have clamored for, but it was originally planned to be included in the expansion. It is a fairly simple action that gives you an opinion bonus from the more or less grateful recipient (similar to "Send Gift".) You can only give away artifacts that are considered valuable by the recipient, so no Christian relics to pagans, etc (this is scripted in a new trigger in the artifacts).

Lastly, I think you will appreciate the Faction balancing and fixing that Alexander Oltner has been working on for a while on the side. No longer should you see everyone turn into Elective Monarchies and keep that succession law forever. AI characters will now also actually join Claimant factions as members. On a related note, the AI is now better at appointing powerful vassals to the Council.

Quote- Massive update to Faction balance!
- The AI will now no longer join the Increase Council Power faction if they like their Liege 50 or more (down from 80 or more).
- Voter AI's will now be more likely to join Increase Council Power factions the more faction laws are set to 'Ruler', the steps are 2, 4 and 6.
- Non-Voter AI's will be less likely to join Increase Council Power factions the more faction laws are set to 'Council', the steps are 2, 4 and 6.
- The Increase Council Power faction has had its effect doubled (it now enacts two laws).
- The Increase Council Power faction now also revokes one level of 'Vassal Wars' laws.
- The AI is more inclined to join the Increase Council Power faction if their liege has enacted a 'Vassal War' law.

- The AI no longer wants to institute Elective Monarchy unless all council powers are enacted (except for Council Authority).
- The AI is less likely to join the Elective faction if their liege has Gavelkind succession.
- The AI is less likely to join the Elective faction unless their liege is a tyrant.

- The independence faction is more attractive to the AI if their liege is a Tyrant.

- The AI in now more inclined to start and join the Gavelkind faction.
- Discontent Councilors are very inclined to join the Gavelkind faction if the liege does not have all council powers enacted, if all powers are enacted they will prefer the Elective faction.

- The AI is now much more likely to stay by their backed Claimants.
- The AI is slightly more inclined to start factions backing women.
- Having bad opinion of your liege now makes the AI more likely to back a claimant.
- The AI is way more likely to back claimants that are part of their Society.
- The AI is way more likely to back a claimant if their liege is a tyrant.
- The AI is way more likely to back a claimant if they hate their liege.
- Culture is now less of a factor for the AI when backing claimants.
- The AI might join claimant factions even if they themselves have a claim on the same title, but it is still rare.
- The AI will now not back claimants if they like their liege by 40 or more (used to be 50 or more).
- Being a Sayyid/Mirza now only matters if the claimant is also Muslim.
- Having better opinion of the proposed Claimant now matters much more for the AI.
- More traits now affect the AI chances of joining the Claimant faction.
- The AI is now less likely to start another Claimant faction war if their liege is already fighting in another Claimant faction war.

- The Overthrow Liege faction is now unattractive to the AI if it is backing a claimant already.
- The AI will no longer form the Overthrow Liege faction if their liege is not a tyrant.
- The AI will now only use the Overthrow Liege faction if they hate their liege (-40 or lower for most AI's).
- The Overthrow Liege faction will now also enact two Council Power laws upon success.
- The Overthrow Liege faction will now only institute Elective monarchy if all Council Power laws are set to 'Council'.

- The Overthrow Liege faction now revokes any active vassal war laws.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Phillip V

Quote from: Valmy on February 27, 2017, 12:30:33 PM
It takes a very special sort of game to produce a situation where your homosexual lover, the Pope, breaks up with you because of the intervention of your daughter who is also your wife.

Good.

jimmy olsen

50 years into the Komnenian Restoration.

Alexios the Wise died at age 50 from gout and stress. He had a hand amputated in his thirties.

Heraklios the Holy died in battle against the Rum Sultanate. He had leprosy though and wore a mask, so it was a better end than he expected.

Alexios II has yet to gain a nickname despite reigning for 11 years. The HRE princess he was engaged to turned out frail, dull and gay, so I broke that engagement and am now a few months from marrying a Norwegian genius princess.

The Latins have failed to take the Holy Land twice, but as always the Republics run wild in Africa. You'd think after so many years of development they'd have toned that down. Each emperor had to fight a major rebellion in the beginning of their reigns, especially the last two who came to the throne as children. Thankfully late in Alexios the Wise is reigns the maid heard the voice of the Archangel Michael and convinced him to knight her and name her a general. She's won innumberable victories, even when outnumbered.

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Syt

Started a game as Indian count yesterday, because I want to see the Kali cult events. Of course I died within a few years of cancer. Now waiting for my character to grow up. <_<
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

My byzantine game has ground down into dullness. I just have too much badboy to conquer onwards. And taking one duchy at a time...
Just Ugh.
██████
██████
██████

garbon

I've decided to only play with defensive pacts turned off after Doomie said he doesn't use them. Okay concept but silly implementation.

jimmy olsen

Most recent map. I've since taken Antioch. I've come of age and married the Exarch of Wallachia, my 2nd cousin (their great grandfather in common is Alexios the Wise). Oh, my father died after his gout was treated by drinking mercury! :headdesk:

Oh, and I realized that the 2nd Crusade was still ongoing at this point. It lasted from 1124-47 before the Seljuks through them back into the sea. Oh, and the Fatimids captured North Africa from Pisa. This has made them overconfident and they have attacked me while I was at peace. They will be defeated with relative ease unless something unexpected happens.

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Woah, the Holy Roman Emperor just rolled into England, conquered it and then destroyed the title.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Josquius

Quote from: garbon on March 17, 2017, 06:10:14 AM
I've decided to only play with defensive pacts turned off after Doomie said he doesn't use them. Okay concept but silly implementation.

Next time I might do that.
Sure, they make sense to an extent. The world wouldn't sit by whilst a small empire gobbles everyone up one by one...
But many would seek to exploit this situation and set the empire against their enemies.
██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

Seljuks declared an invasion of Anatolia, but a Syrian decadence revolt broke out right after. I caught their main army in battle with them, about 35k on each side. Together we doubled them up and annihilated them. Seljuk Sultanate blew up after that. Then I immediately invaded the strongest successor state to seize Edessa. The Empress died in battle though, age 38. Her son was 14 though. He won that war.

The Caliph in Baghdad and the Fatimid remnant in Tunis declared a jihad for Egypt, but that only helped me weather the regency with the support bonuses. I'm beat them with one hand behind my back and was awarded a sweet nickname that seemed a bit unearned given that his mother didn't get one for destryoing the Seljuks.

The Hammer has since earned his name, though he has not yet passed his mother's score. He has awesome stats and repelled another Jihad and conquered North Africa and Croatia. A rebellion seems to be brewing so I'm going to lay low the next couple of years and see what happens. The Pope just declared a Cursade for the Holy Land. It will certainly succeed. Too bad I didn't inherit my Mom's claim on Rome, I'd pull a reverse 1205 while they were all over seas. A fitting revenge for their constant attempts to slow my expansion (threat rating is 100).

A quick check shows that his stats are the best for an Emperor since Constantine the Great.

1 Karma Chameleon point

The Brain

Does he have a sign that can be my guide?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Valmy

Whenever I have guys like that they always die at age 22 three months before their dad. And then their inbred brother takes over.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."