News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Hungarian Politics

Started by Tamas, March 09, 2011, 01:25:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

Quote from: Tamas on March 07, 2019, 04:45:29 AM
Since Fidesz getting kicked out of the People's Party alliance (is that their English name?) is now a possibility, their media has started the just-in-case preparatory work, with their main newspaper publishing an "anonymus" "editorial" that is "demanding" that Fidesz stops tolerating the liberal cesspool that is their party alliance, and leave.

I'm sure they'll find other parties like FN or the Lega more to their liking.

Tamas

Yes but for them the key is maintain at least some leverage over the decision-maker and thus influence. The EU grant money must keep flowing or the country is bust, and their continued usage of the EU values as toilet paper must be kept ignored by the EU.

I assume their worry is that if they join the other fascists and end up insignificant, trouble might start.

Tamas

The Hungarian Central Bank (led by a number-mysticist idiot who lives with his lover in a premium apartment owned by a big bank CEO, so that's how reliable they are) recently published a study on what the government should do to improve the economy.

One subject was saving the pension system which was under big pressure even before the government closed down the mandatory private arm of it set up to make the future easier.

Apparently their big idea is that the base state pension should be adjusted based on the number of children. Default, so 0% adjusment would be 2 children. If you had more you'd get up to 20% more pension payments. If you had 1 kid you'd get 20% less and if you had none you'd get 40% less.

I think this has been publicised like this to gauge public reactions before enacting it. Or to switch attention from something else they are planning to do.

Tamas

Manfred Weber will be travelling to Budapest to pretend giving Orban an ultimatum re. his party alliance membership. This morning all the Soros-Juncker posters on his probably route from the airport have been replaced to avoid him seeing them.  :lol:

Tamas

Guess which way you approach these signs from if you are driving from the airport:

Admiral Yi

Uh, he's eventually going to leave, isn't he?

Tamas

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 12, 2019, 04:01:00 PM
Uh, he's eventually going to leave, isn't he?

I guess they figured they had an extra day to do the other one. :) It's Eastern Europe, mate. If it can be done today it can wait until tomorrow.

Tamas

Also, country-wide the Juncker-Soros posters will be replaced by posters promoting the pro-family government policies (which are mostly about driving property prices up).

It looks like they have used the most famous meme-couple of the world for that:

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

So, Orban's home village ha so far had:

-the football academy that's super-rich because companies can get tax breaks supporting it and that's how they pay tribute to Orban

-the training fields of the academy (they lease the land they are on from Orban and his family IIRC)

-the admittedly beautiful but usually near-empty football stadium in Orban's literal backyard

-the small gauge railroad that was built using EU grants and has been massively in the red ever since because who the F would want to small-gauge railroad along a not too pretty neighborhoud between Orban's and a few other villages

But you probably missed out on the sport and conference center:

Not bad for a village of 1700 inhabitants in the middle of fucking nowhere

And now, to increase the tourist attraction of the village, they are building a small lake. The island of the middle of it is already done, they just need water:

The Larch

Fidesz suspended from the EPP.

Tamas

Quote from: The Larch on March 20, 2019, 01:53:51 PM
Fidesz suspended from the EPP.

Great success!

No, I am not kidding, that is how the government media (i.e. 98% of all Hungarian media) are reporting this. Fidesz members voted FOR suspension once they saw where things were headed, so now the narrative is that this is exactly what Orban wanted all along.

Admiral Yi

So when they joined the EPP in the first place it must have been a Soros-Junker plot?

Tamas

So after about a week (before the EPP gathering) of drastically cutting back on anti-foreigner bullshit, and freshly achieving the victory of suspension, Orban is now back in force: now "Brussels" isn't only to blame for plans of mass migration and a program of Islamising Europe, they also "deliberately make the Hungarian people" overpay on utilities.

If this BS doesn't subside after the European elections, I'll start thinking he is preparing a Hungarian exit from the EU.

Richard Hakluyt

That's the EU for you; they are a kind of latter-day Mordor  :P

Forcing poor Hungary to make 800m of contributions and only giving 4bn back.