News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Hungarian Politics

Started by Tamas, March 09, 2011, 01:25:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: Valmy on February 14, 2019, 11:09:01 AM
QuoteOrban even told on his once-a-decade press conference that migration and Soros are "ought to be the leading issues" for the next 20 years.

What sort of final solution does he envision for the migration and Jew crisis?

well, officially just the vague "defending Hungary", i.e. keeping brown pipple out.

Unofficially, I am pretty sure he prays every night for the flow of migrants to keep increasing. There's nothing he could use more than TV shots of non-whites storming his grandious garden fence on the border.

Tamas

The Hungarian economy has been the assembly-line colony of Germany ever since the 90s, and in general it is heavily linked to the auto industry in general.

This is also the reason, I suspect, while Orban faces no true pushback from Germany or the EU: he has been eroding workers right which obviously won't hurt German carmakers' bottom lines.

It camse as a bit of a surprise that a few weeks ago the trade union at the Audi factory called a strike and after about a week of standoff managed to get higher wages for the workers.

Last week workers of the Suzuki factory wanted to start organising themselves, no doubt seeing the positive example. The Japanese did not muck around though. The leader of the unionising movement, who spent more than a decade at the factory and had seen multiple promotions, were summarily fired for incompetence.

With the parliamentary season restarting and the opposition MPs seemingly growing tired of serving as marionettes in Fidesz' play, decided to capitalise on the above, and when the day at Parliament started, they en-masse left to go to the Suzuki plant. Where they were locked out of the parking lot and could only talk to a PR lady.

I think this is a good idea from them: they need to show what difference it would mean to have them instead of Fidesz.

Tamas

Fidesz' EU Parliament election campaign will be about...

DUM DUDUM DUDUM

Soros!

And Juncker:

"you have the right to know, WHAT BRUSSELS IS PLANNING!"

In the small print they explain its more money for "migration aiding organisation" and pre-paid debit cards for all migrants.

Threviel

So, what's up with the vice prime minister dude that called the Swedish social insurance minister a "sick creature"?

Tamas

Quote from: Threviel on February 21, 2019, 07:39:47 AM
So, what's up with the vice prime minister dude that called the Swedish social insurance minister a "sick creature"?

I am not sure, really. The vice PM is a dumb figurehead. Some repressed gay guy who is TOTALLY into hunting. He get into some PR trouble back home when it was revealed one of the oligarchs who regularly wins government contracts financied his "hunting expedition" to Sweden where he was helicoptered above a farmer's elk (?) to shoot it.

So either it's related to that, or the general transgender migrant violent anarchy that Sweden is in government propaganda.

Threviel

I believe she criticized the 4-kids and you're tax free, claiming it reaked of the thirties. It is a bit on the harsh side diplomatically to respond with calling another countries ministers sick creatures. But of course, she should have stayed out of Hungarian internal politics.

Tamas

Quote from: Threviel on February 21, 2019, 08:17:09 AM
I believe she criticized the 4-kids and you're tax free, claiming it reaked of the thirties. It is a bit on the harsh side diplomatically to respond with calling another countries ministers sick creatures. But of course, she should have stayed out of Hungarian internal politics.

Ah yes.

As I mentioned earlier in general it is a mistake to argue with Fidesz (should write Orban really, the Party is him, and he is the Party) policies and what look like policy actions. This thing is something they thought to be a nice excuse for doing something, before the EU elections. They have absolutely no agenda apart from power.

The Larch

It seems that Orban and Fidesz's days in the EPP are finally numbered, as attacking Juncker in his latest round of propaganda might have broken the camel's back.

Syt

Hey Tamas, just got this comment about Hungary in a discussion about the Polish and Hungarian human livestock incentives/breeding subsidies (I mentioned that a lot of well educated Hungarians left and have no intention to return at the moment due to the direction the country has taken):

"Country has gone in the right direction.  Life is very good in Hungary.  Hence many are returning.  Many never left.  They just work outside of Hungary"

Dunno what you're complaining about all the time! :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

:lol:

Ah yes, "they have just left temporarily" was an Orban line from a few years ago.

If anything, the number of emigrants is underestimated. Literally everyone know a handful of people who have left and usually show no intention of returning.

There are exceptions of course.

Tamas

So Orban has sent a letter to all citiznes due to the "concerning new plans by Brussels bureaucrats" whom "haven't learned from the terryfing terror attacks of recent years" and still want to "bring more migrants in".

These plans are the Migrantvisa and the Migrantdebitcard. And giving more money to Soros' pro-migration organisations.

There's apparently a leaflet with the mail as well detailing the horrors of these two things.

Zanza

I talked about this whole migrant thing in 2015 (or 2016?) with a friend recently. I honestly can't notice a relevant change in Germany due to this migrant wave. Not sure where they all live, but apparently not where I live or they are all just well integrated. You hear occasional stories about crimes committed by migrants and statistics about how many found a job and how many were or were not deported, but the society-breaking events that were forecasted never materialized.

That said, the AfD got a major boost from this and is now established as a right-of-the-CDU party in German politics for good. That's definitely a downside. But I wonder who the voters that vote for them would have voted for had we not had this wave of migrants back then. Their core frustrations with being the losers of globalization would not go away after all.

Tamas

Quote from: Zanza on February 26, 2019, 01:38:16 PM
I talked about this whole migrant thing in 2015 (or 2016?) with a friend recently. I honestly can't notice a relevant change in Germany due to this migrant wave. Not sure where they all live, but apparently not where I live or they are all just well integrated. You hear occasional stories about crimes committed by migrants and statistics about how many found a job and how many were or were not deported, but the society-breaking events that were forecasted never materialized.

That said, the AfD got a major boost from this and is now established as a right-of-the-CDU party in German politics for good. That's definitely a downside. But I wonder who the voters that vote for them would have voted for had we not had this wave of migrants back then. Their core frustrations with being the losers of globalization would not go away after all.

I do think that the culture-shock effect of "mass immigration" should not be dismissed off-hand just because it is being capitalised on by the usual suspects, and I am sure it affects both the host culture and the immigrants.

But also I think it is nowhere near as severe as the far-right makes it out to be even in places where it has actually happened (unlike Hungary). The danger of parallel societies must be real but I think it'd be something that would gradually go away on its own if left largely alone.

Valmy

Hungary should be more worried about "mass emigration"

And let's get real here: those immigrants would just pass right on through Hungary to get to a non-shitty country.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Tamas

Quote from: Valmy on February 26, 2019, 02:52:17 PM
Hungary should be more worried about "mass emigration"

And let's get real here: those immigrants would just pass right on through Hungary to get to a non-shitty country.

Yes. All the while the population is terrified of the idea of all these coloured people entering, the population number is plummeting and ageing.