News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Hungarian Politics

Started by Tamas, March 09, 2011, 01:25:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Needless to say, thousands of protesters crowded up in front of their entrance facing down riot police did NOT make the evening news on the state TV.

Admiral Yi

Glad to see Soros is getting his money's worth.

:Joos

Admiral Yi

The sign is really overkill on that Jew smiley.  Surely any bonehead can get it from the hair and hat.

Tamas

The opposition MPS are effectively locked in a canteen of the TV building - well, not locked, but nobody outside of security guards talk to them, while the crowd outside is growing restless.

12 years ago the (previous) TV HQ marked the start of serious rioting, but as I mentioned, that was fore-fronted by the kind of football hooligans who are not largely on Fidesz payroll.

Tamas

MPs are being stalled and threatened with being thrown out by force while the first row of the crowd outside is getting very dangerously squeezed between the police phalanx and the rest of the protesters. The officers in the first row facing them were pleading with them to step back with them yelling in panic that they can't. The live feed which is right there just got interrupted.

The Brain

You'll be pleased to know that no one in Swedish media gives a fuck.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tamas

The opposition MPs pleaded with the crowd not to turn violent, after midnight they dispersed but about a dozen MPs have spent the night in the TV HQ.

They are still there trying to gain entrance to the studio, being blocked by the security guards, who BTW wear firearms. That's pretty unusual.

Preventing them from entering is illegal, of course.

Leading news on state TV this morning wasn't the fact that there's a dozen MPs protesting literally outside the studio, but rather than "pro-migration forces" have held Europe-wide violent demonstrations. No doubt in reference to protests in Belgrade and Vienna (they very much like the Paris protests, as evil Macron sad bad thing about the Great Leader).

Tamas

Security guards just tried to remove from the building the leader of the group of MPs. He resisted passively while rest of MPs streamed it live. They have given up for now.

Syt

There were protests in Vienna (about 17k) against the government (1st anniversary on Saturday). But there were no reports of violence. Only complaints by store owners that it had to be on a Christmas shopping Saturday. (The protest march already avoided the main shopping street because of that, but they still complained.)

The only violent protests I read about were right-wingers in Brussels.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

Two of the MPs have been thrown out by force by the securit guards. Altercation starts in the video at here:
https://youtu.be/vt7gXVhwXMw?t=311

The lady streaming will be the second one being thrown out.

The lady herself was the PM candidate of LMP, the suposed green party. The guy IIRC was an ex-Fidesz guy who had enough of corruption, revelaed some of it with evidence which was promptly ignored by both the Fidesz-founder chief prosecutor, and the larger public. After that he joined LMP. LMP have been always highly suspicious as being stooges of Fidesz, and rightly enough these two people on the video have been kicked out of the party shortly after getting into Parliament, for the horrible crime of trying to organise cooperation with the other opposition parties during the election.

Police is still "debating" what to do about the very complex situation of mere security guards using violence on members of parliament doing their job.

This is madness and I hope this footage gets into world media. But I don't expect it.

Tamas

Police tried to get in but they were refused entry so... they gave up.  :huh:

Later I saw live as a few MPs got into an altercation with the security guards. The MPs wanted to enter a studio room which was "offline". 7-8 guards wrestled 1 guy and 2 female MPs instead of just letting them in.

One of the MPs recently called up the police on live stream and as an MP requested police protection. I'd be surprised if they ever arrive.

Tamas

Police is such a farce. I mean of course they serve the dictatorship but so blatantly? There's shitload of them just outside and masses of them close to Parliament, but more than half an hour after a member of Parliament asking for protection and none of them bothers to go up the stairs.

Tamas

This is surreal.

I am watching one of the young MPs halfway climbed through a locked turnstile, prevented from progressing by a security gorilla. He is calmly trying to get through explaining that he is being restricted in his personal freedom and rights as an MP.

celedhring

Nobody seems to give much fucks about this here. International reporting is dominated by the Brussels anti-immigration protests and the aftermath of the Strasbourg attack. Plus Brexit.

Truth be said, we rarely get much reporting from anything in Eastern Europe unless it's a massive crisis.

Just read up on the "slave law" that has seemingly instigated this. Orban is a fan of Dickensian dystopias, too?

Tamas

https://www.facebook.com/dk365/videos/376643486240612/

That's one of the several incidents, guards manhandling one of the MPs, who is fully in his rights to enter whatever part of that building. In fact, it is one of his chief responsibilites to the public to make certain public funds are used properly. But no, because, well, just.