News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Hungarian Politics

Started by Tamas, March 09, 2011, 01:25:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

Don't roll your eyes at me, I voted for him at different points in time. but he had a plan
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Tamas

So, being homeless is illegal in Hungary since Monday. Well, living on the street is.

You can't deny they employ modern technology in fighting this new menace of people having nowhere to stay.

One of the homeless, arrested after 4 warnings by police to GTFO into a shelter (which he claimed he couldn't because his papers were stolen), was not transported to his trial, instead he was connected in remotely:

At the end the judge just gave him a warning and he has to pay costs, about 15 pounds.

My old country is becoming a really disgusting place.

Tamas

As it turns out the remote camera hearing has been introduced as a rule for dealing with homeless with this new legislation - before that only protected witnesses could request such a thing, otherwise wasn't used.

It's not too gross for them to judge them, but smelling them while doing so? Hell no!

Second case today was a woman who works as a cleaner but she has lost her home 6 months ago when her husband died. Got a warning as well.

Another arrest today: 3 police officers and a police van to get a single homeless guy to jail:

The Larch

Hungarian police has some serious fashion issues. They look like they're going to enter into a factory shift.

Barrister

You know Tamas we use remote court appearances all the time - basically for anything that isn't a trial.  Court staff prefer it because it's much easier.  Prisoners prefer it because then they aren't stuck sitting in a holding cell in the basement of the courthouse for hours and hours.

Defence lawyers don't like it because then they have to drive to the remand centre to interview their clients, but they should be doing that anyways.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Tamas

Quote from: Barrister on October 19, 2018, 12:50:07 PM
You know Tamas we use remote court appearances all the time - basically for anything that isn't a trial.  Court staff prefer it because it's much easier.  Prisoners prefer it because then they aren't stuck sitting in a holding cell in the basement of the courthouse for hours and hours.

Defence lawyers don't like it because then they have to drive to the remand centre to interview their clients, but they should be doing that anyways.

Yes but as it turns out, this was not an option at all until now. Only possible reason for it was if a protected witness didn't want to attend in person. Nobody else had this option. Until the need arose to trial homeless persons for being homeless. Then all of a sudden not only it was ok not to have them in the courtroom, it became required.

The Larch

Hey Tamas, what does the text on this picture say? It's supposed to be from a current Hungarian schoolbook about the EU.

Tamas

"Among the world's leading powers

Germany is the most populous country in Europe, and with the largest economic production. It is one of the EU's most important political influence, a decisive actor in world economics and politics."

The picture:
"Germany pays the most to the EU budget. Identify the flags on the caricature, and analyse the drawing!"

Syt

There seems to be a misdrawn Belgian flag, or the German flag is rotated 90% on one of the piglets.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Larch

The Hungarian piglet also looks kinda derpy.  :lol:

The serious text doesn't really match the tone and message of the picture, though.

Richard Hakluyt

The other piglets have already been made into sausages I guess. Probably by the Germans who are well-known as sausage experts.

crazy canuck

Quote from: The Larch on October 25, 2018, 08:01:06 AM
The Hungarian piglet also looks kinda derpy.  :lol:

The serious text doesn't really match the tone and message of the picture, though.

It is a school exercise to describe what is occurring in a caricature (the picture).

Zanza

Why is there a Belgian pig? The original PIIGS of the Euro crisis were Portugal, Italy, Ireland, Greece and Spain...?

celedhring

Trying to get into an anti-EU mindset  :hmm:... I presume it's because EU=Brussels, and thus they suck Germany's tit too.

Oexmelin

Central European University to leave Hungary for Vienna.
Que le grand cric me croque !