And we're back!

Main Menu

Hungarian Politics

Started by Tamas, March 09, 2011, 01:25:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Habbaku on March 15, 2018, 11:52:33 AM
You may have explained it already, but if so please indulge me:

What's with the fixation on George Soros?

He has funded a lot of human rights/civic freedom type organizations in the former Warsaw Pact.

Tamas

:lol: sabotage?

On Orban's official Facebook page his men posted a video about him speaking of the infamous border fence. And when he says "I have seen with my own eyes: this is a serious construction that could be the envy of any country in the world" they show him climbing up on a makeshift wooden guard-tower  :lol:

Here's that part: https://streamable.com/ixa36

Tamas

One thing the hopeful oppositions of the regime mention sometime as a moral boost:

the date of the election (8th of April) looks like this written in the Hungarian date format:

:ph34r:

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

crazy canuck

Quote from: Tamas on March 19, 2018, 08:28:53 AM
One thing the hopeful oppositions of the regime mention sometime as a moral boost:

the date of the election (8th of April) looks like this written in the Hungarian date format:

:D

Valmy

Good thing the date isn't 18.4.9 or the Russians would invade.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

HVC

Quote from: Valmy on March 19, 2018, 01:58:18 PM

Good thing the date isn't 18.4.9 or the Russians would invade.

wait until they're done with the Ukraine. one step at a time
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Tamas

Today's out-of-thin-air fearmongering from Orban came from his Facebook video report-in from Brussels. Casually mentioning that "it is known" since "they have been busted" that "2000 Soros mercenaries" are in Hungary "working against Hungary".

I am telling you, I honestly believe he'd go full Erdogan after the elections if Hungary wasn't member of the EU. He might still try to do so in some limited fashion.

Admiral Yi

I envy people who live in countries that still have the standing to mock other countries' dumb shit.  :(

Tamas

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 22, 2018, 10:54:56 AM
I envy people who live in countries that still have the standing to mock other countries' dumb shit.  :(

I have no idea how that feels. I lived in Hungary, then moved to the UK.

Barrister

Quote from: Tamas on March 22, 2018, 10:57:04 AM

And you guys wondered why Canadians exude a pervasive sense of smugness.  :cool:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

Quote from: Barrister on March 22, 2018, 11:09:10 AM
Quote from: Tamas on March 22, 2018, 10:57:04 AM

And you guys wondered why Canadians exude a pervasive sense of smugness.  :cool:

Keeps them from freezing to death?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

So did he visit a kindergarten in a kevlar or what?

BTW there has been a Fidesz zerg rush on kindergartens lately. I think they don't dare visiting any older age groups.

Valmy

What cute little Magyars :wub:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Tamas

Allegedly, the FBI has had a Hungarian citizen in protective custody/witness protection (I am not convinced the Hungarian journos translated it correctly) for a while now, who told them about his part in 3-4 billion euros moved from Hungary into a number of bank account in Asia and the Arab world. He said this is from the "constitutional cost" of the various EU money spent in the country (i.e. stolen by members of the government as embezzlement and other stuff).

Also allegedly, the FBI has warned the Hungarian authorities about this fact, but they replied that there's no indication of criminal activity so they are not interested in talking to the guy (shocking!).

This seems like a wild story but the leak is coming from the press of the former BFF oligarch of Orban whom I showed and referenced here in the past. There has been several reveals the last couple of weeks, many people think he has started releasing evidence and information he has on the bunch (he has to be careful as he was the primary money guy of the party for decades, so if something got stolen, he probably got a share). For example, a news story that seems to died quickly was evidence that a state secretary (these are lower ranked than ministers in Hungary, there's about 50 of them I think) has an offshore account in the Americas with a 4-5 million pounds worth of money on it, which is an enormous amount of money. And he is just a dime a dozen government servant.

On the original story's 3-4 billion value. It is weirdly coinciding with what initially seemed like the most successful Nigerian con ever, which contained the same amount of money: somebody (the protagonist lady's husband, shortly before his suicide) leaked a contract where one of Fidesz's bigwhig, called Kosa, signed with some random housewife in a remote village, agreeing to handle the investment of the housewife-s 3-4 billion euros into government bonds. There are other papers as well like him asking for 2 million pounds from this wealth, to be given to his mother.

The story is that this housewife claimed that she has this massive inheritance pending in Germany and she was looking for help (money) to get it. It looks like Kosa heard about it and jumped on it. But... he kept signing different contracts with this lady for over 2 years, why? Either he is the stupidest SOB ever seen in a suit, or the housewife in fact was a front for holding a pile of stolen money.

These people are running a fucking organised crime ring.