News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Hungarian Politics

Started by Tamas, March 09, 2011, 01:25:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Tamas

Quote from: The Larch on December 08, 2017, 07:05:00 PM
Hey Tamas, I just read that Hungary, together with the Czech Republic, will follow the US lead and move their embassies in Israel to Jerusalem as well. Has something been said back home about this?

Didn't see this, sorry. I haven't heard anything even remotely official. They might do it when they need to switch public discourse away from something, but otherwise even with national-level governmental anti-Muslim propaganda, going pro-Israel must be seen as risky business. Especially when the Evil Villain moving the millions of Muslims in yearly, is a Jew,

Tamas

Jobbik is organising a protest for Friday, which has the pro-democratic forces in a bit of a dilemma.

At one hand, the reason for stripping Jobbik all of its money is laughable: the financial authority claims they bought advert places from this oligarch Simicska under the market price, which is verboten. But: 1. they haven't even looked at Jobbik's paperwork on that, they just declared it being so, nobody has seen any evidence. 2. All political parties have been cheating like that for the past 20 years at least. I guess they just couldn't be caught because evidence mattered.  Not since the authority is in the hands of an ex-politician of Fidesz.

On the other hand, protesting that a nazi party is being punished for doing illegal cooperation with Orban's former right-hand man and the most infamous oligarch until fairly recently, well, that sure leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

The Brain

Still a better politics story than America.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tamas

I think the answer is clear: everyone should protest, because the only reason they are going against Jobbik is that they are second in the polls, (well) behind Fidesz and there are going to be elections in April.

But there won't be a huge demonstration, and Russification will continue. Except of course that it will end up being more like Ukraine.

Tamas

The anti-Soros and anti-NGO (they receive Soros's money ZOMFG) propaganda has reached the stage where city mayors are accusing humanitarian NGOs of building a secret network of "Soros agents". For example in Debrecen, one of the biggest cities, the NGO providing shelter for the homeless has been warned by the mayor (a Fidesz bigwhig) to cease all operations, because the people are being taken care of by the city, and they are merely using their activity as a front to conspire against Hungary.

Same shit happened in another big city, Pecs where a foundation providing food and shelter was prevented from moving into its new office by the city council, right after they voted a decree against the "Soros Plan"

This is Nazi Germany level madness, and this system is ENTIRELY financed by EU money. It is a disgrace to the whole of Europe, and it will look very ugly when it will inevitably boil over to violence.

The Brain

EU is evil and is destroying Hungary. :(

Tamas

Quote from: The Brain on December 19, 2017, 08:30:01 AM
EU is evil and is destroying Hungary. :(

What I am saying is that the Hungarian government is systematically destroying everything related to basic European values. And all they are getting from the EU are massive handouts they can directly siphon to the cronies that keep them in power.

PJL

Quote from: Tamas on December 19, 2017, 08:17:42 AM
The anti-Soros and anti-NGO (they receive Soros's money ZOMFG) propaganda has reached the stage where city mayors are accusing humanitarian NGOs of building a secret network of "Soros agents". For example in Debrecen, one of the biggest cities, the NGO providing shelter for the homeless has been warned by the mayor (a Fidesz bigwhig) to cease all operations, because the people are being taken care of by the city, and they are merely using their activity as a front to conspire against Hungary.

Same shit happened in another big city, Pecs where a foundation providing food and shelter was prevented from moving into its new office by the city council, right after they voted a decree against the "Soros Plan"

This is Nazi Germany level madness, and this system is ENTIRELY financed by EU money. It is a disgrace to the whole of Europe, and it will look very ugly when it will inevitably boil over to violence.

Sounds like the best argument for Brexit that I've heard.

Tamas

Christmas festivities in Hungary:

As last year as well, TEK the anti-terror SWAT unit drove out one of their cherished BTR-80s to guard the Christmas market against rampant migrant terrorism.

But it looks like they lost a battle in the war against the cunning enemy. Not even the cordon tape could prevent the terrorists from... spray painting the vehicle while the policemen were in a van on the opposite side of it:

Tamas

In order to ensure success in the fight against illegal immigration, the government has just announced a few actions that they are going to take:

1. NGOs that will be deemed to "support illegal immigration" (lately these have been organisations sheltering the homeless and supporting the poor, but taking contribution from a Soros foundation) will be required to report extra data about their organisation and activities, which will be made public, allegedly.

2. If an NGO receives money from abroad and its more than it receives from within the country, it will have to pay a 25% tax on the foreign part

3.  The government will introduce a new, well, condition that is pretty hard to translate. The very official sounding name would mirror-translate to something like "alien-policing [as in policing of non-citizens] distance keeping". This is because "illegal immigration can be supported not just by money, but by people as well".

The last one is probably needed because as part of the election campaign's demand of appearing like doing something, they want to ban George Soros from entering Hungary. Which is presently impossible as he is a Hungarian citizen.

But after this, they'll be able to! And consequently, anyone who they declare to be in support of illegal immigration can also be banned from entering.

The.Mind.Boggles.

And don't forget people, this is an EU country, receiving an incredible stream of EU funding, going straight to Orban's oligarchs!

The Brain

Oh Hungarians! Is there anything they won't do? :)

Tamas

The other thread reminded me:

recently the government's spokeperson explained the government's issue with these pesky NGOs. To quote:

"They think that it is the civic society's job to influence and control politics. The government believes, that is up to elected officials".

Well, yes.

Valmy

Are they aware how that statement sounds?  :wacko:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: The Brain on January 17, 2018, 10:03:30 AM
Oh Hungarians! Is there anything they won't do? :)

Raid Germany?

[spoiler]Not in the past of course.[/spoiler]