Quote from: Barrister on June 11, 2019, 12:52:55 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on June 11, 2019, 12:41:42 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on June 11, 2019, 12:39:22 PM
Quote from: Barrister on June 11, 2019, 12:29:24 PM
Keep the NBA talk in the NBA thread! :mad:

Game 7 of the finals is tomorrow... :mmm:

Wait, hockey is still going on?

It. Never. Stops.

Sadly, it does stop.  After the finals, we then roll right into the NHL draft on June 21, then free agent frenzy on July 1.

But after July 1, there's nothing going on in the world of hockey till September, when rookie training camps start opening up.

Unless you play summer rec hockey like me, then it truly never stops. :cool:

Only month really off is August. Lots of activities & rumors swirl all of July.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

viper37

Quote from: Barrister on June 11, 2019, 12:52:55 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on June 11, 2019, 12:41:42 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on June 11, 2019, 12:39:22 PM
Quote from: Barrister on June 11, 2019, 12:29:24 PM
Keep the NBA talk in the NBA thread! :mad:

Game 7 of the finals is tomorrow... :mmm:

Wait, hockey is still going on?

It. Never. Stops.

Sadly, it does stop.  After the finals, we then roll right into the NHL draft on June 21, then free agent frenzy on July 1.

But after July 1, there's nothing going on in the world of hockey till September, when rookie training camps start opening up.

Unless you play summer rec hockey like me, then it truly never stops. :cool:
If you were a francophone relying exclusively on Réseau Des Sport (RDS) or TVA Sports for your sports, you would see for yourself that hockey never stops ;)   Even during a football game of F1 racing tournament, they'll find a way to squeeze some insignificant news about a Canadiens player..
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Grey Fox

TVA Sports is the worse with that. Watching Memorial cup final & they spent the 1st intermission talking about the Habs! The 2nd about the NHL playoffs.

FFS, analyze the current game!

Valmy

I can't believe the St Louis Blues are about to win the Stanley Cup. Who saw that coming? First the Caps curse now this.

There may be hope for the Canadian teams yet...well except Ottawa.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Zoupa

Good for St-Louis, because fuck Chara now and forever.

viper37

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Barrister

If your team has to lose in the first round, let it at least be to the eventual Champs.  Good job Blues.

I feel obligated to point out that the Blues were supposed to move to Saskatoon in the early 80s.  :contract:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Josephus

I went for the Anyone but Boston team. So go team from Missouri. Well done.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Grey Fox

Oscar Sundqvist won his 3rd cup in 4 years. The Maple Leafs will trade for him.

Barrister

Long-time Winnipeg Jets tough-guy Chris Thorburn also wins the cup.  Good for him - though I should note he only actually played in one game of the playoffs.  Is that enough to get your name on the cup?

*googles*

Yup - One game played is enough.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

viper37

Quote from: Barrister on June 13, 2019, 12:05:27 PM
Long-time Winnipeg Jets tough-guy Chris Thorburn also wins the cup.  Good for him - though I should note he only actually played in one game of the playoffs.  Is that enough to get your name on the cup?

*googles*

Yup - One game played is enough.
One game played is enough, but I wonder about long term injuries?  Do player unable to participate in any playoff games due to injury but remaining on support/staff duty to help with training have their name on the Cup and a ring too?

saskganesh

no buzz on this at all.  I had to google "Stanley Cup" to find out the game was played and won.

Congrats Blues *crickets*
humans were created in their own image

Valmy

Quote from: saskganesh on June 14, 2019, 05:57:36 PM
no buzz on this at all.  I had to google "Stanley Cup" to find out the game was played and won.

Congrats Blues *crickets*

It was a fun series. I guess the Raptors overwhelmed coverage of it in Canada.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

PRC

It's also hot outside, it's Summer.  The NHL season and playoffs is too long and unless you're a super fan or if your team isn't in it... it's easy to get distracted.  It will never happen but 10 or 12 less games in the regular season would be a good thing.

viper37

Quote from: PRC on June 14, 2019, 10:32:48 PM
It's also hot outside, it's Summer.
I must have missed it while sleeping.