News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PRC

Tampa Bay out here destroying everyone's playoff pools / bracket chances.

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on April 15, 2019, 10:26:46 AM
Quote from: Barrister on April 14, 2019, 11:37:09 PM
My favourite part of tonight's game is when Dustin Byfuglien scored a goal by banking a shot off the Blues goalies's head.

My favorite part was those IMPOSTERS, those PRETENDERS, to the Caps rightful title as best regular season NHL franchise embarrassing themselves against the Blue Jackets.
I still have your maple syrup in my freezer, from that Pittsburgh bet :P
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Toronto - Boston.

Half of 2nd period, 1-1 in a series that is 1-1, with shots on goal 23-20.
"Oh, wow!  This series is really tied!  It could go both ways now!"

Take a phone call.  Back to the game.  3-1 Toronto.  Leave the game again for a few min, 3-2, shots 26-26.  Good game :)

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

...And just like that, Toronto suddenly looks like a joyful place to live in... :P

Valmy

Look Ovechkin, I want you to beat the hell out of the Hurricanes figuratively not literally.

That was the only entertaining thing about that game. The Canes have outplayed the Caps for the most part it was just in games 1 and 2 their goal tender let them down. Not tonight.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on April 15, 2019, 09:27:53 PM
Look Ovechkin, I want you to beat the hell out of the Hurricanes figuratively not literally.

That was the only entertaining thing about that game. The Canes have outplayed the Caps for the most part it was just in games 1 and 2 their goal tender let them down. Not tonight.

What the hell - two Russian players get in a fight?  In the playoffs?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Sophie Scholl

"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

derspiess

:punk:  Almost went to that game.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: derspiess on April 16, 2019, 09:19:49 PM
:punk:  Almost went to that game.
It looked and sounded like it was an amazing game to be at.  The crowd was super into it.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Valmy

The Pens are also out. Huh. No Caps-Pens second round series for the first time since 2015.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

PRC

Flames eat shit and die.  It was in the cards for them all along, their strong Western conference standing based on wins in and against a weak division.  Their best players didn't show up and their supposedly worst (Smith) did.  Next year won't be a next step forward for them, they have bigger questions to answer.

Valmy

I am hoping for better things now that we are headed back to DC.

Camerus

I'd like to see a Leafs-Islanders third round match up for the Tavares drama.   :ph34r:

Plus the Isles should be a weaker playoff team than the Caps.  :sleep:

Barrister

Well what the fuck was that?!?

So... how long till CFL season?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Ok well I am glad game 7 is back on F street.