News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Barrister on April 10, 2019, 08:59:16 PM
Columbus comes back from a 3-1 deficit with three goals in the 3rd period to beat Tampa 4-3! :o
Heck, it was 3-0 after 1.  Go Jackets!!! :wub:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Valmy

I am glad the Jackets put the usurpers in their place!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on April 10, 2019, 10:03:03 PM
Jets lose 2-1. :(

I saw :console:

I am a little baffled and confused by the idea of the Blues not being horrible. Clearly something weird happened in the second half of the season for them.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on April 10, 2019, 10:45:35 PM
Quote from: Barrister on April 10, 2019, 10:03:03 PM
Jets lose 2-1. :(

I saw :console:

I am a little baffled and confused by the idea of the Blues not being horrible. Clearly something weird happened in the second half of the season for them.

I knew the Blues were going to be good and a challenge.  And losing Game 1 is not the end of the world.

But what is worrying is the Blues just really outplayed the Jets in the third period, and spent nearly the entire time in the Jets zone.

Barrister

Toronto wins.  Start planning the parade, national media. <_<

HVC

Quote from: Barrister on April 11, 2019, 09:54:06 PM

:yeah:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Valmy

Thoughts after game one:

Carolina has a very good team...  :ph34r:.

with very unimpressive goaltending  :yeah:

I mean unless the Caps just shot unusually awesomely last night. Sometimes it is hard to tell.

Valmy

No love for that...other Canadian team...

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on April 12, 2019, 07:54:43 AM

No love for that...other Canadian team...

The Calgary Flames?  A little bit. :)

Barrister

My favourite part of tonight's game is when Dustin Byfuglien scored a goal by banking a shot off the Blues goalies's head.

Delirium

Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on April 14, 2019, 11:37:09 PM
My favourite part of tonight's game is when Dustin Byfuglien scored a goal by banking a shot off the Blues goalies's head.

My favorite part was those IMPOSTERS, those PRETENDERS, to the Caps rightful title as best regular season NHL franchise embarrassing themselves against the Blue Jackets.

Delirium

Did someone else watch game 2 of Sharks v Goldenrods? Incredible first period with three soft goals scored by the Knights, then San Jose fighting their way back to 3-3, momentum building up to climactic proportions from the comeback. They come out for the second and Sharks almost immediately score 4-3, building explodes, but play is called off before that and Couture gets a minor for goalie interference (so no challenge) which left everyone in disbelief. Stone predictably scores on the Vegas power play instead.

I really think the series was decided by that single call. Goal allowed, Sharks have superior momentum and the edge. Now, completely deflated.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan