News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

crazy canuck

Quote from: Josephus on August 18, 2020, 02:53:16 PM
Dale Howerchuk.  :(

The nemesis of the Canucks many a time. 

Valmy

Welcome back Caps! Time for a playoff run...*beat*...and the season is over! See you in a few months!

Steamed Caps: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjvHeoytbaY
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

NHL awards announced last night.  Jets goalie Connor Hellebuyck wins the Vezina (best goalie).  :cool:

Edmonton's Leon Draisaitl wins the Hart (MVP)

And in other words, the Bolts strike back to even the series at 1-1.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Josephus

So when is the new season gonna start? Have they made any announcments about that? Is it going to be in home markets? What about Canadian teams?
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Barrister

Quote from: Josephus on September 22, 2020, 10:54:49 AM
So when is the new season gonna start? Have they made any announcments about that? Is it going to be in home markets? What about Canadian teams?

Bettman gave a press conference before the start of game 1.  Short answer is - they don't know.  They won't do a bubble.  In order to play they need the border to be open again, and they need some amount of fans in the stands.  Notionally they've said Dec 1, but that's almost certainly not happening.

Josephus

Hmmm...maybe they'll get the season going at first by having Canadian teams only play each other. they sort of did something like that in MLS
Civis Romanus Sum

Valmy

it is amazing how little I care about September Stanley Cup. Hell it is almost time to start the 2020-2021 season.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on September 22, 2020, 11:41:30 AM
it is amazing how little I care about September Stanley Cup. Hell it is almost time to start the 2020-2021 season.

It's funny - the games are being played 3 blocks from my current location, but because of the bubble there's really no local interest or excitement.

Maybe you should care because it's going to be a long while before more hockey is played after this.

Valmy

The vaccine will save us all!

Barrister

Grey Fox

First Sunbelt Stanley cup final & no one cares.

Just as expected.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josephus

Quote from: Barrister on September 22, 2020, 11:43:43 AM

Maybe you should care because it's going to be a long while before more hockey is played after this.

Don't be so sure. NFL is playing, baseball is playing. Most others sports leagues are up and running. They'll figure something out.
Civis Romanus Sum

Barrister

Quote from: Josephus on September 22, 2020, 02:48:31 PM
Quote from: Barrister on September 22, 2020, 11:43:43 AM

Don't be so sure. NFL is playing, baseball is playing. Most others sports leagues are up and running. They'll figure something out.

Problem is most of the sports that are playing are played outside.  NHL also has the added problem of 7 Canadian franchises.

NBA hasn't announced plans for 2020-2021 either.

Grey Fox

I think the NHL needs attendance but our close border & it's 14 days quarantine is a deal breaker.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.