News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sophie Scholl

Goodbye, Jackets. :cry:  I really, really hope karma comes back to bite the Bruins.  Two intentional hits to the head of Jackets players with little to repercussions.  Unacceptable.  Be better, NHL.  Also, I hope very bad things happen to Brad Marchand in particular.  Saying he's rehabilitated is like saying Lex Luthor or The Joker is rehabilitated.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Valmy

As a Caps fan I see nothing wrong with intention...er...good physical play.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 25, 2019, 07:59:38 AM
I'm sorry for it but I think I want the Boston teams to complete the Ultimate Grand Slam.

MLB - Winner
NFL - Winner
NBA - 2nd Round
NHL - 2nd Round

The Celtics look to be ruining your dreams GF.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Grey Fox

It just wasn't meant to be. Plus, you know, cheering for Boston teams really sucks.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josephus

Pretty good chance I'll have my yonge street parade after all, just not in the sport I would prefer it to be.

Probably won't go down to it, be pretty dangerous....lots of black pipple after all.

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Valmy

Quote from: Josephus on May 31, 2019, 08:09:49 AM
Pretty good chance I'll have my yonge street parade after all, just not in the sport I would prefer it to be.

Probably won't go down to it, be pretty dangerous....lots of black pipple after all.

But...but....you would get to hang out with Drake.

Ok let's not go nuts. Congrats to Toronto for winning game 1, but Golden State is still most likely going to win this series.

Barrister

It's just one game! :bleeding:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Malthus

Quote from: Barrister on May 31, 2019, 09:24:11 AM

I suspect the point of the post was to poke fun at the racial issues involved in the two sports' fandoms, not really to overestimate the chances of the Toronto team winning.  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Valmy

Wait, Drake doesn't attend Leafs games?  :o

Josephus

Quote from: Malthus on May 31, 2019, 09:44:55 AM
Quote from: Barrister on May 31, 2019, 09:24:11 AM

I suspect the point of the post was to poke fun at the racial issues involved in the two sports' fandoms, not really to overestimate the chances of the Toronto team winning.  :lol:

I went to one Raptors game, several years ago, a comp ticket. Man, and I thought the  music at Leafs games was annoying...this was just dreadful.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Camerus

My dad used to get courtside tickets in his old job and invited me sometimes when I was in my early 20s.  I have no interest in basketball and I suspect rarely were courtside tix ever more of a waste.

I basically used thrm as an opportunity to drink overpriced beer and ogle the girls' asses in those tight Lululemons.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Valmy on May 31, 2019, 09:46:42 AM
Wait, Drake doesn't attend Leafs games?  :o

He's not on that payroll.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

saskganesh

Yeah, Toronto is all B-ball right now. No one is thinking hockey, it's a footnote.
humans were created in their own image

HVC

"We the north" annoys me for grammatical reasons, but it's still cool to see the city getting excited even if the sport doesn't really do anything for me.

But its a Toronto team, its only a matter of time before it breaks everyone's heart
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Valmy

Quote from: HVC on June 04, 2019, 01:58:10 PM
But its a Toronto team, its only a matter of time before it breaks everyone's heart

They should be proud that they made Golden State play a fifth game.