News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Quote from: Barrister on April 05, 2019, 01:22:01 PM
Jets have gone on a major slump, losing 6 of the last 8.  WIth the final games coming up this weekend they could finish anywhere from 1st to 3rd in the Central, and could play any of St. Louis, Nashville, or Dallas.
At least, they will make the playoffs and stand a good change of advancing 1 or 2 rounds :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Barrister

Quote from: viper37 on April 05, 2019, 04:37:07 PM
Quote from: Barrister on April 05, 2019, 01:22:01 PM
Jets have gone on a major slump, losing 6 of the last 8.  WIth the final games coming up this weekend they could finish anywhere from 1st to 3rd in the Central, and could play any of St. Louis, Nashville, or Dallas.
At least, they will make the playoffs and stand a good change of advancing 1 or 2 rounds :)

Not the way they've been playing.  I'm worried about being bounced in the first round.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Well it looks like Montreal got eliminated yesterday so the very cool game they played against Toronto was meaningless. Ah well.

On to the playoffs! I look forward to the inevitable Pens vs. Caps second round matchup.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Jets at least win their final game.  Onwards against the Blues!

viper37

Does CBC airs playoffs?

I am disinclined to pay 15$/month to get TVA Sports :(

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Barrister

Quote from: viper37 on April 09, 2019, 09:01:41 AM
Does CBC airs playoffs?

I was going to answer, but then realized I had no idea what the French broadcast schedule is like.  Do your own googling! :mad:

dps

It doesn't really matter to me, but a lot of folks around here are excited that the Hurricanes are finally back in the playoffs.

Valmy

Quote from: dps on April 09, 2019, 07:06:20 PM
It doesn't really matter to me, but a lot of folks around here are excited that the Hurricanes are finally back in the playoffs.

I am glad they have fans.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

Quote from: Barrister on April 09, 2019, 09:31:36 AM
Does CBC airs playoffs?

I was going to answer, but then realized I had no idea what the French broadcast schedule is like.  Do your own googling! :mad:

He knows. TVA Sports has the exclusive rights. They show all the games.

@Viper Yes, there will be a game or 2 on CBC almost every night.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

viper37

Quote from: Barrister on April 09, 2019, 09:31:36 AM
Does CBC airs playoffs?

I did :)

French CBC has had no sports for a while now (except Olympics).
RĂ©seau Des Sports (RDS, French TSN) does not air playoffs.
In French, only TVA Sports has the playoffs.  But I'm not a fan of their commenting.

Due to Videotron's constraints, I'm going to lose some of my english channels if I pick a sports package that include TVA Sports and all the other sports channels.

But I have CBC.

And I couldn't find an answer on their site.  I figured one of you would know :)

Barrister

Yeah, the one downside to the playoffs is instead of the TSN crew doing 60+ games, we get random Sportsnet crews announcing Jets games. :thumbsdown:

But on the positive side we get Scott Oake, who lives in Winnipeg and (in addition to being very good) has an obvious fondness for the Jets and their fans.  :cool:

Why isn't it puck drop time already? :ultra:

crazy canuck

In other exciting NHL news, the Canucks continued their streak of dropping down lottery picks from their ranking going into the draw.

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 10, 2019, 03:46:40 PM
In other exciting NHL news, the Canucks continued their streak of dropping down lottery picks from their ranking going into the draw.

WAD.

If you don't "win" one of the top three sports, you automatically drop down.  It's not like there won't be a good player available at #10.

Barrister

So here's the thing about this Jets-Blues matchup.

Jets were one of the hottest teams in the league for the first half of the year, then skidded playing .500 hockey the second half, losing out on 1st place in the division.  Blues were the opposite - last place in the league at one point, only to turn it on in the second half and make the playoffs.

Can the Jets just "flip a switch" and move into playoff mode?  They weren't playing for much that second half.  We'll start to find out tonight!

Barrister

Columbus comes back from a 3-1 deficit with three goals in the 3rd period to beat Tampa 4-3! :o