And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on June 08, 2018, 08:59:11 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on June 08, 2018, 08:35:43 AM
Are you buying every possible things that says "Stanley Cup Champions" Valmy?

Ordered my swag before I went to bed last night :lol: :blush:

:lol:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

HVC

Quote from: Valmy on June 08, 2018, 09:31:16 AM
Just a T-shirt. That shit is expensive.

I might get the DVD later while they are still doing free shipping.

I like that for $50.00 you can get a chunk of ice that they played on during the finals  :lol:

Lol ripping up vegas' rink as a victory celebration, savage.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Valmy

After several days of watching drunk Ovechkin and the Caps (I swear to God I don't think they have had a sober moment since last week) I have to admit it still is not really settled in that they really won it. I almost don't want next season to happen.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Really crazy story out of Ottawa today - the wife of Erik Karlsson applied in court for a peace bond (a kind of restraining order) against the partner of another Senator's player, Mike Hoffman, for carrying out a campaign of online bullying and intimidation.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/karlssons-wife-alleges-partner-senators-forward-harassment/

Barrister

So Valmy, your Caps have won the Cup, but have lost their coach: Barry Trotz resigns.

https://www.tsn.ca/trotz-steps-down-as-capitals-coach-1.1116217

crazy canuck

Can you say, "contract dispute"

Barrister

Yup - Trotz is going to get PAID on his next contract.

HVC

Trotz off to the islanders
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Barrister

Apparently double what the Caps were going to pay him.

Valmy

I am wearing my awesome Caps championship T-shirt. I don't really care :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Barrister

Good news from the Hockey Hall of Fame?  Willie O'Ree, the first black player in the NHL, is going to be inducted. :w00t:

The bad news?  So is current commissioner Gary Bettman. :thumbsdown:

viper37

Might not be everyone's team ;) but that's still some nice play :)
https://www.facebook.com/NHL/videos/346292429458837/
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Valmy

So everything is pretty much set now. The Lightning are the Regular Season Champions and can proudly hoist the President's Cup. I only hope the Caps are filled with outrage at having their crown stolen and take vengeance in the playoffs.

The only thing yet to be determined is if the Leafs can ruin the Canadiens season tomorrow night after the Caps partially stuck a fork in them last night.

Speaking of which I was flipping through the channels last night and realize my cable package now includes the DC sports station so I could have been watching the Caps all season! DOH! Ah well. Now I know for next season.

Barrister

Jets have gone on a major slump, losing 6 of the last 8.  WIth the final games coming up this weekend they could finish anywhere from 1st to 3rd in the Central, and could play any of St. Louis, Nashville, or Dallas.

On the plus side with the OIlers out of it, I got three cheap tickets to watch the Oilers-Sharks game last night.  For some reason when he was 5 my middle kid Andrew decided the Sharks were his favourite team, and by damn he's stuck with it.  So I took him last night and despite being 6 he was right into the game the whole way through.

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on April 05, 2019, 01:14:21 PM
The only thing yet to be determined is if the Leafs can ruin the Canadiens season tomorrow night after the Caps partially stuck a fork in them last night.
I hope not.  I want the fans to delight at the idea of a Stanley Cup parade on St-Catherine's street, only to see their hopes crushed in 4 games. :)

Speaking of which I was flipping through the channels last night and realize my cable package now includes the DC sports station so I could have been watching the Caps all season! DOH! Ah well. Now I know for next season.
I change cable company last spring and it is ultra complicated to get my sports channel back.  I either fork 40$ for RDS (french TSN/ESPN) or lose AMC.

My friend just bought a decent tv, so I think I'm gonna watch hockey at his place for a couple of weeks ;)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.