News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

Quote from: Barrister on June 07, 2018, 10:30:09 PM
At least Vegas didn't win it.  Congrats to Ovi and the Caps.

Vegas winning would have been funny
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on June 07, 2018, 10:32:48 PM
Quote from: Barrister on June 07, 2018, 10:30:09 PM
At least Vegas didn't win it.  Congrats to Ovi and the Caps.

Thanks man. :hug:

I'm not a massive Ovi fan or anything, but you couldn't help but pull for the man in this final.

Plus I knew I had a doppelganger in Texas who would lose his mind is the Caps won. :hug:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Jacob

Quote from: Valmy on June 07, 2018, 09:51:32 PM
LARS FUCKING ELLER AND THE CAPS ARE 7 MINUTES AWAY!!!   :yeah: :yeah: :w00t:

A Danish player!

Grats to the Caps and enjoy, Valmy :cheers:

Sophie Scholl

Congrats to the Caps and the long suffering Valmy.  I hope one day to be in your position.  I've got the long suffering part down pat. :(
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Barrister

Quote from: Jacob on June 07, 2018, 11:48:07 PM
A Danish player!

Jake, have you followed the career of Danish-born Winnipeg Jets player Nik Ehlers?

He's dreamy. :wub:

Barrister

I wanna know, some day down the road, just what went down with the Caps winning the Stanley Cup in Las Vegas.  I'm guessing there are some stories...

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on June 07, 2018, 10:38:51 PM
As much as I tried to enjoy being miserable chokers this is going to be a nice change to the identity of the franchise.
Only 4 to go :)
;)

Congrats on your team, I haven't watched all series (not even all games against the Pens) but they were on fire. :)

Have fun :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Barrister on June 07, 2018, 10:58:13 PM
I'm not a massive Ovi fan or anything, but you couldn't help but pull for the man in this final.
:shutup:
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

FunkMonk

Our team won the Stanley Cup   :)

I'm not a hockey fan but I hope this makes everyone in and around DC a little happier.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Valmy

Quote from: FunkMonk on June 08, 2018, 06:44:38 AM
Our team won the Stanley Cup   :)

I'm not a hockey fan but I hope this makes everyone in and around DC a little happier.

I was so happy I couldn't even find any hatred in me when Gary Bettman came onto the Ice to present the Conn Smythe and the Stanley Cup. Now that is a crazy level of happiness.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: viper37 on June 07, 2018, 09:55:57 PM
Quote from: Valmy on June 07, 2018, 07:34:10 PM
Speaking of our beloved leader I wonder if the Caps will be invited to visit the White House if they win after all this shit with the Eagles. But then the Caps have lots of Russian players and maybe Trump prefers them to American athletes   :P :ph34r:
Here is your answer:
Ovi is one of Putin's biggest fans
They'll be there.  ;)

Putin is definitely a jock's President. Anyway it does disturb me to be taking so much joy in something RT.com, Putin, and Donald Trump are taking so much pleasure in...but that is sports for you. :lol:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Grey Fox

Are you buying every possible things that says "Stanley Cup Champions" Valmy?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 08, 2018, 08:35:43 AM
Are you buying every possible things that says "Stanley Cup Champions" Valmy?

Ordered my swag before I went to bed last night :lol: :blush:

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Just a T-shirt. That shit is expensive.

I might get the DVD later while they are still doing free shipping.

I like that for $50.00 you can get a chunk of ice that they played on during the finals  :lol: