News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

So I'm still digesting the Jets loss last weekend, but I have seen this sentiment expressed a few times: that Winnipeg should be proud not only for getting over 20,000 people to the outdoor street party, but throughout the playoffs and even after the loss, that there were no riots and no arrests for anything more serious than intoxicated in public. :)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

BuddhaRhubarb

another year another cup where i have no team that excites me to cheer for, really in the final. ah well. i can't believe of the teams left the only one i feel nostalgia for is the Caps. i am olde.
:p

Valmy

Well here we go. I hope everybody enjoys the biggest game in Ovechkin's career.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Ovie!

:yeah:

Ok now just run out the clock :P

Valmy

For the first time I can remember the Caps are making me cry with joy instead of anguish :yeah:

Suddenly it seems like anything is possible!

HVC

If only someone told you this would happen... oh wait :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Jaron

Oh my GOSH congrats Valmy! That is pretty cool! Hopefully you don't get Penguined by LV like my Sharks did a couple of years ago.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Barrister

Woohoo grats Valmy!

Now crush those upstart Knights. :mad:

Jaron

Quote from: Barrister on May 23, 2018, 10:00:47 PM
Woohoo grats Valmy!

Now crush those upstart Knights. :mad:

The Slayers of Sharks MUST be routed.  :menace:
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Eddie Teach

BB and Jaron, do you ever have dance battles?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Barrister

Quote from: Eddie Teach on May 24, 2018, 12:12:45 AM
BB and Jaron, do you ever have dance battles?

Every other weekend.

Why do you ask? :huh:

viper37

Congrats Valmy, your Caps pulled it :)  I didn't believe they could go that far, then again, I never believed in my wildest  dreams that the Knights would go that far in the playoffs.  I expected them to lose in 5 or 6 in the 1st round. :)

I am extremely pleased for Marc-André Fleury and Jonhatan Marchessault, and I shall watch each and every game of the finals.

I am extremely sorry for BB and Valmy, I love you guys, but I shall root for LV.  Just to piss off Jaron.   :menace:    :P

Nah, I like the underdog, and I really, really like Fleury as a player.  If the Pens had betted on him instead of Murray, they'd be in the finals right now :(
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Valmy

Go ahead and root for the TEAM OF EVIL Viper, it doesn't bother me.

It is what you do after all  :P :hug:

Barrister

Quote from: viper37 on May 24, 2018, 09:32:47 AM
Congrats Valmy, your Caps pulled it :)  I didn't believe they could go that far, then again, I never believed in my wildest  dreams that the Knights would go that far in the playoffs.  I expected them to lose in 5 or 6 in the 1st round. :)

I am extremely pleased for Marc-André Fleury and Jonhatan Marchessault, and I shall watch each and every game of the finals.

I am extremely sorry for BB and Valmy, I love you guys, but I shall root for LV.  Just to piss off Jaron.   :menace:    :P

Nah, I like the underdog, and I really, really like Fleury as a player.  If the Pens had betted on him instead of Murray, they'd be in the finals right now :(

You really can't call Vegas an underdog anymore.  I just checked a sports betting site - Vegas is the favourite in game 1 over Washington.